Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

Whitehaven fans - What do you guys think of Rossview? Very surprised to see how close this game was. Congrats to Rossview on a great season.

Rossview was a very good team, much better than expected. I didn't make it till halftime but I did get to see that one handed int yall safety got. We had way too many turnovers, I'm sure the most we've had all season. Hopefully this game makes us tighten up and realize in the playoffs everyone can be beat if they don't come with it. Congrats to Rossview on the season and hope yall enjoyed Memphis.

Regardless, the band won't save them against Ravenwood, and if for some reason they advance, against Maryville or Blackman

Yea yea yea we hear ya talking/whining. Arlington first, then Ravenwood, then probably Oakland but who knows. It doesn't matter what anybodys band does. The game is won on the field. U seem to not care who wins as long as it isn't us so I'm looking forward to dissaponting you and spoon feeding you a large serving of crow.

I'm in the minority of out-of-towners that enjoy the band playing like that. As far as I'm concerned, all bands should. You see it in college football. Adds to the atmosphere. The players feed off of it.

Good to see some people have a different viewpoint, until they make a rule saying it's unfair and punishable I don't see anything wrong with it. We're used to it here in Memphis and like u said playing going to play in college will definitely have to get used to it. Ridiculous that some people trying to say we're using the band as an unfair advantage.

Good to see some people have a different viewpoint, until they make a rule saying it's unfair and punishable I don't see anything wrong with it. We're used to it here in Memphis and like u said playing going to play in college will definitely have to get used to it. Ridiculous that some people trying to say we're using the band as an unfair advantage

I wouldn't call it ridiculous, I would call it lack of class. I noted our coach waiving our band down when they started emulating the WH band, pretty proud of him.

Having said that, the WH team doesn't need that kind of support...they are good

Lack of class!!! Dude please. .. on this side, bands are very popular. We have jamborees and battle the bands on a regular. That's is a national championship band you were fortunate to see and hear.. they come to play not sit and watch. obviously you're not use to bein around class acts for you to say we lack class. .. you lack class for all this whining you doin

I wouldn't call it ridiculous, I would call it lack of class. I noted our coach waiving our band down when they started emulating the WH band, pretty proud of him.

Having said that, the WH team doesn't need that kind of support...they are good

"Lack of class" another ridiculous statement. That's how we play ball, the band is a part of the games here for all teams not just us. Earn home field advantage during the season and you will have no worries or write a letter to tssaa and ask them to make rules regulating bands. I was more focus on the actual game than what the bands were doing as should the players. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Lack of class!!! Dude please. .. on this side, bands are very popular. We have jamborees and battle the bands on a regular. That's is a national championship band you were fortunate to see and hear.. they come to play not sit and watch. obviously you're not use to bein around class acts for you to say we lack class. .. you lack class for all this whining you doin

I simply made an observation, friend.  Best to WH in the future away from home.

I'm in the minority of out-of-towners that enjoy the band playing like that.  As far as I'm concerned, all bands should.  You see it in college football.  Adds to the atmosphere. The players feed off of it.

Incorrect statement, here is the rule from the NCAA...additionally other high school states have outlawed the classless practice, Georgia is an example.

"Persons subject to the rules including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals...."

The penalty is 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct, based on Friday night, WH would have had about 35 of the penalties.

Enough said, best to the remaining teams, WH will need it when the leave Memphis