3a region 4 2015

It should be a good even match up that will probably go down to the wire. IMO Upperman probably has the better overall roster, as they did last year too, even though they still lost to us. We have the best player though in our QB Jennings. He was absolutely on fire last week, and we will need another one of those type of performances out of him in our quickly approaching upcoming game versus Upperman.

Honestly they should of won last season. Herron is a great young coach, but last year he had very little control over his team in the game against DC. They were making boneheaded mistakes at critical moments in the game. They had more severe loss of yardage penalties/flags thrown against them than I have ever seen thrown against any one particular team. Very ugly, unsportsmanlike play on their part.

It was flags for unnecessarily roughness, late hits, even a couple of very, very dirty actions. Lots of cheap shots. They couldn't remain cool, calm, and collected in the heat of the moment whereas DC could. They just lacked focus, and everything I just said falls squarely on the coaches shoulders in my eyes. Some people may not agree me on that part and say it's more on the players though. The old saying is a team takes on their coaches personality, and play how they've been instructed to. It is what it is though I reckon.

And even after our game had done played out wasn't the first time it had been brought up on here that the U played a little dirty. Especially their secondary player/WR. Duffy is his name I believe. I'm pretty sure he's still on the team too. He was only a sophomore last year I think, but could of been a junior. If memory serves me correct, he was ejected in our game for kicking and stomping on a player of ours. I believe they also had one or two more players ejected as well.

Anyways all of that is what cost them the game. From my understanding as to what I've been told, they have been heavily penalized this year too, and many of the same problems continue to exist. That part is all hearsay though, and I've not actually seen them play this year to verify it. With that being said, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest to see a repeat performance out of them this year as well.

What was your thoughts on Upperman from yalls game against them? The good and bad. Did anything I just said hit home even in the slightest? Did you notice a lack of focus? Any obviously late, cheap, or dirty hits/plays? JW if what I've been told is even remotely close to being true. Any input on your part will be greatly appreciated good sir.

Disagree on U having the best players last season. 2013 they graduated 21 seniors and only had like 7 in 2014 senior class. 2 of those 7 were hurt and out for the year if I remember right. They were very young in 2014.I do agree U has the overall best roster this season,specially with added QB/FS, but Jennings is the overall best player. I think home field will tip the advantage to the U in a close game. Until Trapp wins a big game with a title on the line, I will have doubts. Trapp needs the U game to take the next step. Herron is still young, but with playoff record of 4-2 shows, he can obviously coach.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never mind I see the game is on the 23rd. My mistake. Are there any games around the upper Cumberland area for next week

Friday, Oct. 16th, Smith Co travels to Upperman. That could be interesting. Especially if Smith could pull off the win. You can never underestimate Smith County. I can't make the game but I'm betting it will be aired on 104.1 or somewhere.

Friday, Oct. 16th, Smith Co travels to Upperman. That could be interesting. Especially if Smith could pull off the win. You can never underestimate Smith County. I can't make the game but I'm betting it will be aired on 104.1 or somewhere.

UH could very well get beat by Smith. If Smith gets its running game going early, look out.

It should be a good even match up that will probably go down to the wire. IMO Upperman probably has the better overall roster, as they did last year too, even though they still lost to us. We have the best player though in our QB Jennings. He was absolutely on fire last week, and we will need another one of those type of performances out of him in our quickly approaching upcoming game versus Upperman.

Honestly they should of won last season. Herron is a great young coach, but last year he had very little control over his team in the game against DC. They were making boneheaded mistakes at critical moments in the game. They had more severe loss of yardage penalties/flags thrown against them than I have ever seen thrown against any one particular team. Very ugly, unsportsmanlike play on their part.

It was flags for unnecessarily roughness, late hits, even a couple of very, very dirty actions. Lots of cheap shots. They couldn't remain cool, calm, and collected in the heat of the moment whereas DC could. They just lacked focus, and everything I just said falls squarely on the coaches shoulders in my eyes. Some people may not agree me on that part and say it's more on the players though. The old saying is a team takes on their coaches personality, and play how they've been instructed to. It is what it is though I reckon.

And even after our game had done played out wasn't the first time it had been brought up on here that the U played a little dirty. Especially their secondary player/WR. Duffy is his name I believe. I'm pretty sure he's still on the team too. He was only a sophomore last year I think, but could of been a junior. If memory serves me correct, he was ejected in our game for kicking and stomping on a player of ours. I believe they also had one or two more players ejected as well.

Anyways all of that is what cost them the game. From my understanding as to what I've been told, they have been heavily penalized this year too, and many of the same problems continue to exist. That part is all hearsay though, and I've not actually seen them play this year to verify it. With that being said, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest to see a repeat performance out of them this year as well.

What was your thoughts on Upperman from yalls game against them? The good and bad. Did anything I just said hit home even in the slightest? Did you notice a lack of focus? Any obviously late, cheap, or dirty hits/plays? JW if what I've been told is even remotely close to being true. Any input on your part will be greatly appreciated good sir.

I guess if something is repeated enough it becomes truth to whomever is saying it. However, there is so much fall in this I feel the need to somewhat set the record straight. First of all, GUFFY did not play on d in this game, so no cheap shots from him. He did have a pf for pumping the ball in the air on his way to the end zone. Strictly a homer call IMO. Secondly, the kicking call was on the running back. Do you know why? He had a dinged up knee and the do nothing wrong DC player was twisting it at the bottom of the pile. He was kicking with his free leg to try and get him to let go. These are the two pfs I know of, sounds like you may know of others. Third, this game turned on two plays. The U tried to run a reverse on the opening kickoff and fumbled giving DC a short field and they scored. The other was the pick right before half-time where the fastest guy on the field was running with nothing but green grass in front and the stripes blew their whistles. Personal fouls and "dirty play" had very little to do with the outcome. Oh yeah, I didn't mention the DC player taunting the bench on the last TD. As you said, reflection of coaching.