3a region 4 2015

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new 3a region 4 rankings

1. Dekalb Co- Still undefeated in region play and seems to have found a rhythm. Jennings is the best player in the region and has a good shot at winning the region title with him at the helm.

2. Squatch- A very balanced team that took their first loss by a good Dekalb team. It looks like their weakness is a spread offense but could make adjustments in practice to fix that.

3. Upperman- Our defense held a talented York offense which is promising for the coming up games against the more talented teams in the region. It will be tough for us to come out of the next 3 games without a loss or even 2.

4.Smith Co. Very tough team to beat and could have been higher in the rankings if a few things would have went differently but their region schedule against the top teams is almost over and the only chance for them to move up is Upperman losing a lot of games.

5. York- What a difficult year for them. They played their hearts out but came up a little short in many games.

6. Grundy Co- They have takin many beatings and things will get better for them in the future but they are playing for pride from here on out.

7. Cannon Co.- I think the fans are ready for basketball and I don't blame them. Ruff season

My new 3a region 4 rankings

1. Dekalb Co- Still undefeated in region play and seems to have found a rhythm. Jennings is the best player in the region and has a good shot at winning the region title with him at the helm.

2. Squatch- A very balanced team that took their first loss by a good Dekalb team. It looks like their weakness is a spread offense but could make adjustments in practice to fix that.

3. Upperman- Our defense held a talented York offense which is promising for the coming up games against the more talented teams in the region. It will be tough for us to come out of the next 3 games without a loss or even 2.

4.Smith Co. Very tough team to beat and could have been higher in the rankings if a few things would have went differently but their region schedule against the top teams is almost over and the only chance for them to move up is Upperman losing a lot of games.

5. York- What a difficult year for them. They played their hearts out but came up a little short in many games.

6. Grundy Co- They have takin many beatings and things will get better for them in the future but they are playing for pride from here on out.

7. Cannon Co.- I think the fans are ready for basketball and I don't blame them. Ruff season

good order

So if DC wins vs The U, district champs with only Grundy and Cannon left. Squatch needs The U to beat DC and themselves to beat The U for a tie. Toughest road is The U with DC, Smith, and Squatch left to play

I wonder who is crowned region champs and receives the #1 seed if 3 teams all have 1 region loss.

DC beats Squatch 

Upperman beats DC

Squatch beats Upperman 

DC has the easiest road to the title. Just need to take care of the U.

Just some news articles to pass along. I found them interesting.

Sequatchie's Coach after the game:

"We've got to find a way to get some stops defensively," Caine said. "It's hard to win a football game when you don't feel real confident. I thought Dekalb County's quarterback was outstanding. They were a lot bigger and stronger upfront than we thought. On a positive note, the kids came in at the half and kind of got after each other a little bit. Kind of circled the wagons a little bit. This is the first time we've been really, truly hit in the mouth and been outplayed. I thought in the second half, we displayed some composure. It'll teach us a lot about ourselves."

http://rivercsports.com/jennings-tigers-hand-indians-first-loss/

Had a Trapp interview video but it isn't working for some reason.

Upperman has the bye week going into their three most challenging region games. Hope that doesn't hurt them. Kids seem to lose focus and lose the momentum from their last three wins when they get a week off. They also have DeKalb for senior night - not a good distraction on the night of a big game and the Sequatchie game is away which makes it even tougher. They have talent - their QB is much better than advertised - but it will be a tough stretch of games to wrap up the season.

Upperman has the bye week going into their three most challenging region games. Hope that doesn't hurt them. Kids seem to lose focus and lose the momentum from their last three wins when they get a week off. They also have DeKalb for senior night - not a good distraction on the night of a big game and the Sequatchie game is away which makes it even tougher. They have talent - their QB is much better than advertised - but it will be a tough stretch of games to wrap up the season.

sounds like the defense is starting to play better, and they are finally starting to run the ball.