Clinton hires coach from Minnesota!

dragnfan

Extensive background in wrestling. Has a young man of his own there at Clinton now which will add even more passion for the team's success. Actually has enough passion for making his wrestling philosophy work without that personal tie IMO... As shown some 14 years ago at Menomonie High School and several other programs including Tullahoma and even East Ridge if I remember right...

TO: WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

RE: WRESTLING COACH

WRESTLING PHILOSOPHY

Enclosed are parts of coaching philosophy I have put together in anticipation of a coaching position. I have wrestled at La Crescent, Minnesota and at Rochester Community College, Minnesota. My coaching experience includes several years with the youth programs, Assistant Coaching at Sevastopol High, Institute, WI., Ellsworth High, Ellsworth, WI., Anoka Ramsey Community College, Coon Rapids, MN., Head Coach at Bangor High, Bangor, WI. And Menomonie High, Menomonie, WI, Lakeville High, Lakeville, MN, Eden Prairie High, Eden Prairie, MN., Tullahoma, TN., Cherokee High, Canton, GA

WHAT KIND OF COACH AM I?

Enthusiasm and intensity are a few words I would use to describe my coaching style. I have strong beliefs in my ability as a coach, a leader and as a teacher. This self-confidence combined with my knowledge of fundamental skills and excellent organizational ability, makes me one of the best teachers and coaches available.

MY THOUGHTS ON WINNING

Those who win expect to win. As a team, we must be brilliant on the fundamental basics and hard- nosed. In order to be ready to compete during the week and weekends, one must put pressure on themselves to concentrate in practice. There is a very small difference between the Champion and runner-up, focus in practice and on the fundamentals along with continued improvement, tends to be that small factor that separate Champions from runner-ups.

ON WRESTLING TRENDS

I believe one should keep up with the new ideas and techniques, but not to incorporate them to the point that fundamental technique and execution suffers.

ON MOTIVATION

To be an outstanding motivate, you first have to be an outstanding teacher. Wrestling is relatively similar to any other subject, so we as coaches must always be teachers first and foremost.

WHY DO I WANT TO BE A COACH?

I wish to instill to the athletes I interact with the passion, benefits and love for wrestling as I have had. The life long benefits of being part of wrestling. Also, to give them a positive experience with wrestling, so when they leave the program they to will wish to continue involvement with the sport in some capacity. Be it continued competition, officiating, coaching or just as an avid fan.

Otto's philosophies continued on Tex23's favorite informational thread for inspiration, NOT Confrontation, with over 8,000 views during off season...

Edited by Sommers

• 3 weeks later...