Westview Boys Basketball

sportslover88

I know Dyer Co beat Raliegh Egypt pretty handidly but don't think Dyer Co will be among the elite.If this team was in District 14a the past severalbseasons, think they would have finished 4th bebind Union City, Humbolt and Lake Co.Now if they were in District 14 A this year, thlink they would finish behind Union City and fight fk r 2nd with probably Gibson Co, Lake Co , South Fulton, Humbolt maybe.Probably would give a slight edge to Dyer Co for the 2nd spot.Dont see them beating Westview at all this season, or any of the elite teams that are their size.Dyer Co girls are a different story this year.Gonna be a hard team to beat,Been A long time when Dyer co and their fans had to watch a team pull their starters in the 4th quarter, Can bet Coach Mccord wasn't too happy.Will be surprised if some teams don't run up the score if given a chance as to how Dyer Co has done the past several seasons by pressing the entire game when games were over by halftime

Nobody ever taught DC coach the golden rule.  But you know he was ranked #1 coach in TN/KY so maybe he can make that boys team over achieve.  Heck it's only taken him about 5 years to finally get his girls team winning...............way to go #1 coach.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow night game at Haywood County will be a big test for both Westview and Haywood boys team.  Haywood girls have improved a great deal and base off what I have heard and read on here and the newspaper, this years WV girls are not quite as good thus far as the teams of the past.  I said all of that to say this, if Haywood ladies should win tomorrow I might not be calling it an upset due to Haywood's improvement from  years past.  The Lady Tomcats havea new coach and  this is can be seen in their style of play alone with the  winning attitudes among the players looking for the Haywood ladies to turn some heads this year.. 

I do know that Haywood county has the homecourt advantage, and it is a very difficult place to play and definitely win.  It always seem darker in their gym then any other and it's very confining perhaps I suffer from all of the spacious facilities in our district.  A loyal fan can get spoiled.  The teams on that end (Fayette Ware, Covington, Ripley, Bolivar) their fans really get involved and can make life miserable for a visiting teams and in some cases, miserable for the opponents fans as well.

Nobody ever taught DC coach the golden rule. But you know he was ranked #1 coach in TN/KY so maybe he can make that boys team over achieve. Heck it's only taken him about 5 years to finally get his girls team winning...............way to go #1 coach.

I guess when you get star players from Gibson Co, Halls, Dyersburg, etc you should be the number 1 coach.As for the girls team what did it take.Lets see A guy works for Dyersburg Electric.He had a daughter that was a star player at Dyersburg years ago.Coached AAU ball.Was named the Coach at 3 Oaks.Three Oaks changed their name from Eagles to Choctaws, took the Dyer Co colors and now are a feeder school for Dyer Co.Dyer Co hired him to be an assistant at Dyer Co..So he is able to get his Three Oaks players and talk to AAU players to go to Dyer Co.Wonder why Dyersburg didn't hire him. Edited by mrbigster

I guess when you get star players from Gibson Co, Halls, Dyersburg, etc you should be the number 1 coach.As for the girls team what did it take.Lets see A guy works for Dyersburg Electric.He had a daughter that was a star player at Dyersburg years ago.Coached AAU ball.Was named the Coach at 3 Oaks.Three Oaks changed their name from Eagles to Choctaws, took the Dyer Co colors and now are a feeder school for Dyer Co.Dyer Co hired him to be an assistant at Dyer Co..So he is able to get his Three Oaks players and talk to AAU players to go to Dyer Co.Wonder why Dyersburg didn't hire him.

I agree mrbigster..........that's a lot of manipulating around to get some wins.  Honestly, I don't think Dyersburg girls need any help, they seem to experience successful seasons just like they are.