NEW Region 3-6A

MJGOLDENBEARS

As a Mount Juliet fan I'm excited about the new region, should be a very competitive top 4. The region contains Ravenwood, Mount Juliet, Franklin, Antioch, Mcgavock, Overton, Wilson Central and Lebanon.

Also I'm very curious about the future of Franklin and Ravenwood... Did they graduate many seniors? How's their talent pool looking?

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin and Ravenwood play a lot of seniors and both have a lot of seniors with talent. Both will be down next year but still should be competitive.  Franklin will be replacing a three year starter at quarterback and Ravenwood will only have about 5 total returning starters.

If these are the facts mjgoldenbears u guys should be in great shape! U guys don't lose much this year do u?

No offense taken; just saying lack of experience for younger players.

Yeah you are starting to shed light on some important topics. After our last game this season I stated MJ might endure another dissaponting season next year as well (5-5 or worse) due to the fact that all our players will be young and inexperienced. It might take another year or even two to start seeing the wins we so desperately want.

My question to you is, how do you think we will fair next year? How good is our backup QB? Do we have any playmakers coming up from freshman class? Do we have enough talent, to win 6 or more games next year?

I wouldn't say next season could be a disappointing. MJ has some young talent and good size ; but not a lot of speed. I think they will contend for district title; but it wont be easy.

Have some very good freshman moving up and 3 that got some good experience. I think the freshman QB could push for starting position next year. He is very talented. Even though JV provides good experience; it is not the same as varsity; but it is all about game reps.

O line will be much improved with the experience that was gained. Losing one senior there. Coach's will be wearing them out in the weight room.

I think MJ will have a good team next year. With the growth going on in Mt Juliet; hopefully some speed will move into the area.

• 3 weeks later...