Why P.V. won't beat Cloudland

groundround

Two words for you guys: MARK BYRD. If Cloudland did not have this kid, Powell wins by at least 14. Heck, they would have had a tough time against Midway, and might have even been beaten without him. Just a tremendous talent; if lunceford could figure out a way for Byrd to pass himself the ball, they would be unstoppable. Now I know people will get on this thread yelling "team effort" and I agree; cloudland has a great team without Byrd. But, they could not compete in the playoffs without him. They did beat a very weak south greene team (forgot the other team)without him, but no really talented teams. Sorry Powell Valley.

This is a heck of a football TEAM. Byrd or no one else wants to hear such dumb junk. We not only beat South Greene without him, we scored more points on them than anyone has done in a long time. We are a team and we can get it done one way or another. We have a bunch of guys playing and playing well, and Mark Byrd is a big part of it. Don't try to pull our team apart because it won't work. When we beat Powell Valley Friday night they'll know it was a team effort. As a matter of fact, Mark didn't play in the Jellico game either. ahhohh! We scored 62 in the first half that game. He's a great player, but we have a lot more great players. Dakota Benfield has rushed for over 1500 yards this year, Mark Barnett and Dane Chrisman has had a million tackles this year. Our line got the "hogs award" two weeks in a row, for the whole area, in the Johnson City paper, and they said they were going to name it the Cloudland award. We held Midway to 0 first downs in the whole second half on Friday night, and Mark didn't make all those stops. Sounds like a team effort to me. I know the real story because I'm there everyday at practice.

There is alot of talent on the Lander team. But everything the Landers do revolves around the Byrd man. Dakota would not have near as much success if not for alot of teams keying on Byrd (and Mark Barnett running over people in a vicious style) The line is a very good and talented squad, however they are not quiete as talented as last years line was, but then again those are some high standards to live up to. I believe Cloudland would have at least 9 and possibly 10 wins without Byrd. Byrd is an automatic 15 pts. when he is in the lineup ( and more on some nights) but on any given night Byrd will make at least 15 pts. happen on his on. Now on most nights the Landers score 50 plus that just show that the other Landers account for about 35 pts. So no Mark is not a one man team, but I am glad that he is a Lander. And to answer your question, it will be gut check time when the Landers don't have Byrd (but they will also be losing alot more key talent around that time also) But Byrd is 1/3 of the reason that PV won't win- the other 2/3 are pretty dang tough too.

Easy guys, I said cloudland had a great team without Byrd. But I just can't see them getting to that next level without him. Benfield is a great back, but when you have Byrd roaming in the backfield, that just makes Benfield that much better. Mark has the ability to score any time he touches the ball, thats a heck of a weapon. I'm not trying to bring your team down, dude, just making an observation. I have watched Byrd several times the past few years and am constantly amazed at the talent. How many kick-offs has he returned for touchdowns this year? Punts?

fans can say what they want but teams that play cloudland if honest will say Byrd has a lot of help on that team..Byrd is good, heck he is awesome but he has a great supporting cast around him. On defense he plays safety and believe me he dont have to make a lot of tackles. Dane,mark barnett,baker are awesome linebackers. And when cloudlands line buts their mind to hit they take it to another level.Boyd is the only compatition in the east for cloudland. If they play defense like friday night not even boyd can come close.

fans can say what they want but teams that play cloudland if honest will say Byrd has a lot of help on that team..Byrd is good, heck he is awesome but he has a great supporting cast around him. On defense he plays safety and believe me he dont have to make a lot of tackles. Dane,mark barnett,baker are awesome linebackers. And when cloudlands line buts their mind to hit they take it to another level.Boyd is the only compatition in the east for cloudland. If they play defense like friday night not even boyd can come close.

Guest landers10

well dogpound better yell loud cause pv prob want get to

the enzone more than 2 times if that maybe 3 times cause

our defense line will drive pv back hahaha to pv its over

cloudland fans we all need to get our yelling hats on

and get our fan in it like cherokee and by half time

48-0 then pv can see our 2nd string haha