BA/McCallie II

WesVLT

Rhino, a fabulous prediction. Naturally, I don't agree with the score, but I love the way you broke the game down. I'll do the same, except I won't write quite as much because I have to finish my Hamlet essay. :)

1)Fewest Mistakes: Brentwood Academy

I'll take the Eagles in this category because of the evidence you presented in your post when you said that McCallie has made many mistakes this year. What team doesn't? -- I know, none...but judging from recent turnover-filled performances against MUS and MBA, I'll take the Eagles here.

2)Kicking Game: Brentwood Academy

No comment necessary. Read the paper or the CoachT Home Page for your evidence here.

3)Great Players Making Great Plays: McCallie

Certainly, BA has been relatively injury-free while McCallie has been badly hurt by pain (sorry, I couldn't resist :) ), but the Tornado are fresh while BA might come out a little flat due to having essentially 2 weeks off (the Ryan game was basically played by JV guys). QB/LB/PK/P Ryan Moore will certainly be a big factor for McCallie, and will be their chief playmaker. Also, if they get behind, watch out for Corey Remillard. He had a big game against Baylor, and is a dangerous athlete.

4)Fan Support: Brentwood Academy

They're the home team.

5)Coaching: Brentwood Academy

Carlton Flatt has more playoff experience than any coach in the state, and knows how to win big games. His playoff record is 72-14. Not shabby. Coach Potter is a very good coach, and I respect him, his family, and his abilities immensely (I met his wife last week at a funeral), but experience is a great teacher, and Coach Flatt has more of it.

6)Intangibles: Brentwood Academy

I too will use McCallie's recent history as my reasoning for picking BA, especially as it involves BA. Since McCallie has defeated the Eagles 4 out of the last 5 years, the Eagles want REVENGE. They were thrilled when McCallie beat CBHS last week, because they wanted another shot at calming the Tornado's winds. Now they get it, and their mouths are watering. I don't doubt McCallie's passion, but I'd say BA's is more intense this time around.

Score: BA 5, McCallie 1

Prediction: BA 27, McCallie 14

-This might be a bit high, but I think BA has improved mightily since they lost to McCallie, while the Tornado's injuries have hindered them. I expect a classy, smashmouth football game with BA winning. I can't wait!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic