Region 1

humorwrestling

You are right. They are rebuilding and their middle school team has talent. Tenn high and DB both beat them by 7 points or less. The competition in region one has grown a lot with feeder programs all coming together in most schools. Don't worry I think the region is on an up and up and nothing is secure anymore.

Science Hill is Looking at Reloading Soon...

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/123750/on-the-rise-big-year-for-liberty-bell-wrestlers

On the rise: Big year for Liberty Bell wrestlers

January 21st, 2015 8:21 pm by DOUGLAS FRITZ

Science Hill’s wrestling program seems to be sprouting some pretty strong roots at the middle school level.

Liberty Bell recently wrapped up a 16-1 overall season, and finished 7-0 in the Middle Eight Conference. The Patriots defeated T.A. Dugger 72-12 and Happy Valley 84-0 to cap the unbeaten league campaign.

Head coach Bill McKinney said the future looks bright for the Hilltoppers thanks to a strong eighth-grade class that could produce some quick results at the varsity level next season.

“We’ve got some really strong seventh graders as well,†said McKinney, who was Science Hill’s head wrestling coach back in the late 1980s through the mid 1990s. “Once they get another year of experience and learn things they do at the high school, they’ve got a chance in a couple of years to be really good.

“Next year’s Science Hill team will be fairly young, but (coach) Jimmy (Miller) does a great job. In wrestling, experience is really important. Once we get these kids up there, they’ve got a chance to be pretty tough.â€

Among the wrestlers who could make a quick impact for the Hilltoppers is Chase Diehl, who McKinney said can wrestle anywhere from 131 to 151 pounds.

“He did whatever we needed,†said McKinney. “He’s got a good background, and has been wrestling for about five years now. He’s very good technically, and a strong kid as well.â€

McKinney also said 99-pounder Braeden Coffey is a threat.

“He’s in his first year of wrestling, but athletically he’s just blessed,†said McKinney. “He has things you can’t teach: great balance, good hips, things you’ve got to have in wrestling.â€

Another standout is Brett Boyer (185 to 220), who was also the quarterback for the football team.

Liberty Bell’s lone loss came in a tournament against Cleveland, which McKinney said was the No. 1 middle school program in the state.

“They have a great club program that feeds the middle school,†said McKinney. “We decided this year to try to take a trip to see where we stacked up with the strong southeast Tennessee teams. We did pretty well. We beat Baylor, Soddy Daisy and Bradley Central.â€

On the individual conference champion list for Science Hill this season were Tyler Seeley (83 pounds, 7th grade), Tre Horton (131), Nick Lane (141, 7th grade), Diehl (151) and Ahmik Watterson (165). Runner-up finishes were posted by Tony Smith (76, 7th grade), Sean Hayes (106), Kaden Weir (113), Storm Hughes (125, 7th grade) and Steven Grant (225).

Junior-varsity individual champs were seventh-graders Eli France, Kain Rogers, Andrew Taylor and eighth-grader Alex Hise.

Science Hill is Looking at Reloading Soon...

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/123750/on-the-rise-big-year-for-liberty-bell-wrestlers

On the rise: Big year for Liberty Bell wrestlers

January 21st, 2015 8:21 pm by DOUGLAS FRITZ

Science Hill’s wrestling program seems to be sprouting some pretty strong roots at the middle school level.

Liberty Bell recently wrapped up a 16-1 overall season, and finished 7-0 in the Middle Eight Conference. The Patriots defeated T.A. Dugger 72-12 and Happy Valley 84-0 to cap the unbeaten league campaign.

Head coach Bill McKinney said the future looks bright for the Hilltoppers thanks to a strong eighth-grade class that could produce some quick results at the varsity level next season.

“We’ve got some really strong seventh graders as well,†said McKinney, who was Science Hill’s head wrestling coach back in the late 1980s through the mid 1990s. “Once they get another year of experience and learn things they do at the high school, they’ve got a chance in a couple of years to be really good.

“Next year’s Science Hill team will be fairly young, but (coach) Jimmy (Miller) does a great job. In wrestling, experience is really important. Once we get these kids up there, they’ve got a chance to be pretty tough.â€

Among the wrestlers who could make a quick impact for the Hilltoppers is Chase Diehl, who McKinney said can wrestle anywhere from 131 to 151 pounds.

“He did whatever we needed,†said McKinney. “He’s got a good background, and has been wrestling for about five years now. He’s very good technically, and a strong kid as well.â€

McKinney also said 99-pounder Braeden Coffey is a threat.

“He’s in his first year of wrestling, but athletically he’s just blessed,†said McKinney. “He has things you can’t teach: great balance, good hips, things you’ve got to have in wrestling.â€

Another standout is Brett Boyer (185 to 220), who was also the quarterback for the football team.

Liberty Bell’s lone loss came in a tournament against Cleveland, which McKinney said was the No. 1 middle school program in the state.

“They have a great club program that feeds the middle school,†said McKinney. “We decided this year to try to take a trip to see where we stacked up with the strong southeast Tennessee teams. We did pretty well. We beat Baylor, Soddy Daisy and Bradley Central.â€

On the individual conference champion list for Science Hill this season were Tyler Seeley (83 pounds, 7th grade), Tre Horton (131), Nick Lane (141, 7th grade), Diehl (151) and Ahmik Watterson (165). Runner-up finishes were posted by Tony Smith (76, 7th grade), Sean Hayes (106), Kaden Weir (113), Storm Hughes (125, 7th grade) and Steven Grant (225).

Junior-varsity individual champs were seventh-graders Eli France, Kain Rogers, Andrew Taylor and eighth-grader Alex Hise.

That is a good article. A lot of teams have feeders. Isn't Price helping the middle school team out too? The thing about SH feeder is it is one middle school. Some have two so other schools are not full strength in the middle school aspect. Tenn High days are coming in the near future. Their feeder program is great! I like cocke county's coach as well. If they could get some more talent they could be a number 2 spot in district 2. We will all have to wait and see. After the duals, who stands out in the individual team races

You guys obviously didn't see Carpentre beat Josh Vance from Greenville 7-3. This kid is a hammer.

Vance is good, so is Carpentrer. The only problem with your logic is Greeneville is small school and he won't see him in the regional tournament. So that win means nothing with the seeds. The volunteer kid lost to the Tenn High kid which means he probably will have the 2 or 3 seed. If he makes it to the finals then we will see how it turns out. Since they wrestled once who knows how it will turn out. Tim at Tenn is a great coach and game plans well. Solomon is a good coach as well. We all have our own opinions and I didn't see the match so I don't have a dog in this fight.

Vance is good, so is Carpentrer. The only problem with your logic is Greeneville is small school and he won't see him in the regional tournament. So that win means nothing with the seeds. The volunteer kid lost to the Tenn High kid which means he probably will have the 2 or 3 seed. If he makes it to the finals then we will see how it turns out. Since they wrestled once who knows how it will turn out. Tim at Tenn is a great coach and game plans well. Solomon is a good coach as well. We all have our own opinions and I didn't see the match so I don't have a dog in this fight.

Jakefromstatefarm that's great Carpenter beat Vance 7-3. Pendley pinned Vance 2 times already this summer. I take it you have no ideal that Pendley is one of the best in the Region not just top 138lbs.

Ok that makes more sense I don't know anything about these two wrestling. I know Pendley, but not Carpentrer. Even if they haven't wrestled Pendley will have the number one seed based on criteria.

Jakefromstatefarm that's great Carpenter beat Vance 7-3. Pendley pinned Vance 2 times already this summer. I take it you have no ideal that Pendley is one of the best in the Region not just top 138lbs.

Ok that makes more sense I don't know anything about these two wrestling. I know Pendley, but not Carpentrer. Even if they haven't wrestled Pendley will have the number one seed based on criteria.

Pendley is a fine wrestler. I was simply stating this title is not as much of a lock as everyone thinks. This weight is loaded. 2x state qualifier Landon Porter won't be seeded according to results. Edited by jakefromstatefarm

Pendley is a fine wrestler. I was simply stating this title is not as much of a lock as everyone thinks. his weight is loaded. 2x state qualifier Landon Porter won't be seeded according to results.

Almost everyone will be seeded since there will only be 8 man brackets. I didn't say Pendley is a lock. Jeffers from DB got beat by 8 and he looks like the 3 seed. People can hang with with but beating him is a different story. Like I said earlier in this thread this is high school wrestling and anyone can beat anyone. There was a guy from Oklahoma in the finals in 2000 that was winning 15-1 and gets rolled to his back and pinned. Just let the wrestler do the talking on the mat and your fine.

Almost everyone will be seeded since there will only be 8 man brackets. I didn't say Pendley is a lock. Jeffers from DB got beat by 8 and he looks like the 3 seed. People can hang with with but beating him is a different story. Like I said earlier in this thread this is high school wrestling and anyone can beat anyone. There was a guy from Oklahoma in the finals in 2000 that was winning 15-1 and gets rolled to his back and pinned. Just let the wrestler do the talking on the mat and your fine.

How will there be 8 man brackets with 10 teams in the region?