Region 1

humorwrestling

Jakefromstatefarm that's great Carpenter beat Vance 7-3. Pendley pinned Vance 2 times already this summer. I take it you have no ideal that Pendley is one of the best in the Region not just top 138lbs.

Pendley is a fine wrestler and all I really think has been said is that he may have competition at region. Now on Vance I think you are misconstruing history - Vance beat Pendley 7-4 last year during the season (when it matters) and also both lost to May from VA this year with Vance losing 5-1 and Pendley 9-3 at the Ed Cressell tourney. Seem pretty even to me but again no one said anyone was going to dominate or even beat Dewey for sure. Dang people are touchy. Just use all facts involved and probably better to use in season results. I have seen Charpenter and Pendley and Vance and honestly I would not make a bet on any of the three beating the other in any given match. It's ok to say all three are good wrestlers - they are. Edited by baller95

Pendley is a fine wrestler and all I really think has been said is that he may have competition at region. Now on Vance I think you are misconstruing history - Vance beat Pendley 7-4 last year during the season (when it matters) and also both lost to May from VA this year with Vance losing 5-1 and Pendley 9-3 at the Ed Cressell tourney. Seem pretty even to me but again no one said anyone was going to dominate or even beat Dewey for sure. Dang people are touchy. Just use all facts involved and probably better to use in season results. I have seen Charpenter and Pendley and Vance and honestly I would not make a bet on any of the three beating the other in any given match. It's ok to say all three are good wrestlers - they are.

Baller 95 funny how last seasons means some thing to you but this past summers don't. As I see it any time you toe the line it counts. Baller 95 you must haven't seen the earlier post by jakefromstatefarm.

No I agree it counts. No doubt. Just differences between summer and season wrestling to me. Summer is a great time to get better and work on your game without the pressures you deal with during the season. Also many wrestlers don't keep in shape like during the season. My basic point was you basically insinuated beating Vance was a minimal accomplishment and only saying Pendley pinned him twice when in fact he has lost to him before during the season. I pretty much try to stick to data and make sure all is used in the conversation. Dewey is a fine wrestler and I certainly would never say different. Just seems ridiculous to say Charpenter is not able to compete with him when he has gone 2-1 against a kid apparently Dewey is 2-1 against. Sorry you don't see that as objective. Edited by baller95
  • Upvote 2

Baller 95 funny how last seasons means some thing to you but this past summers don't. As I see it any time you toe the line it counts. Baller 95 you must haven't seen the earlier post by jakefromstatefarm.

No one should say 138 has a shoe in champion. You are absolutely correct. My posts have nothing to do with defending Jakes comment. I have always made it a habit to not pick champions just finalist favorites. Too many variables in wrestling.

No one should say 138 has a shoe in champion. You are absolutely correct. My posts have nothing to do with defending Jakes comment. I have always made it a habit to not pick champions just finalist favorites. Too many variables in wrestling.

who are your favorites to win exactly baller? I may have been a little over board saying Carpentre should be the region champ. Weight is a toss up to me.

who are your favorites to win exactly baller? I may have been a little over board saying Carpentre should be the region champ. Weight is a toss up to me.

Below would be my favorites to reach the finals:

106 - Nelson (TN) / Williams (SH)

113 - Burns (JC) / Bynum (DC)

120 - Story (SH) / Davis (DB) / Blanco (JC)

126 - Hux (JC) / Yother (SH)

132 - Hurley (TN) / Armstrong (Vol)

138 - Pendley (TN) / Charpenter (Vol)

145 - Henley (TN) / James (SH)

152 - Jeffers (DB) / Broyles (MW)

160 - Begley (DB) / Jessee (SH) / Spangler (TN)

170 - Dean (DB) / Rolston (SH)

182 - Nguyen (SH) / shoot out between TN/DB/Vol wrestler

195 - Bagley (SH) / English (JC)

220 - Hagerman (TN) / Latham (JC) / Foster (DB)

285 - Ruth (DB) / Townsend (JC)

I'm sure I missed one or two but what I see as region front runners.

Below would be my favorites to reach the finals:

106 - Nelson (TN) / Williams (SH)

113 - Burns (JC) / Bynum (DC)

120 - Story (SH) / Davis (DB) / Blanco (JC)

126 - Hux (JC) / Yother (SH)

132 - Hurley (TN) / Armstrong (Vol)

138 - Pendley (TN) / Charpenter (Vol)

145 - Henley (TN) / James (SH)

152 - Jeffers (DB) / Broyles (MW)

160 - Begley (DB) / Jessee (SH) / Spangler (TN)

170 - Dean (DB) / Rolston (SH)

182 - Nguyen (SH) / shoot out between TN/DB/Vol wrestler

195 - Bagley (SH) / English (JC)

220 - Hagerman (TN) / Latham (JC) / Foster (DB)

285 - Ruth (DB) / Townsend (JC)

I'm sure I missed one or two but what I see as region front runners.

No Johnson from THS in the finals at 152 with Jeffers? Heard English dropped and so did Latham. Ruth should beat Townsend soundly. I'm personally not impressed with Hux or Yother at 126.

Baller 95 Burns is no longer at Jeff Co. He transferred to bearden High. I Agree with your other picks. But we just about always see a upset.

Yeah I was told that yesterday by one of the Bearden guys and obviously it didn't click on my head. 113 is pretty much wide open without him I'd say.

I'm sure Newcoach will have a spoiler from one of the mtown teams in mind.

No Johnson from THS in the finals at 152 with Jeffers? Heard English dropped and so did Latham. Ruth should beat Townsend soundly. I'm personally not impressed with Hux or Yother at 126.

Broyles will be in the finals and probably win at 52.. Ruth beating Townsend isn't out of the question but either way the match will be close. I'm really not sure about English and Lathem. Hux and yother are outstanding. You have to be kidding.

Yeah I was told that yesterday by one of the Bearden guys and obviously it didn't click on my head. 113 is pretty much wide open without him I'd say.

I'm sure Newcoach will have a spoiler from one of the mtown teams in mind.

No sadly Davis at 220 is the only other wrestler from I see making the trip to the cow palace. Maybe next year!