Region 1

humorwrestling

I agree with what you're saying ijustdontunderstand it's now time for Region 1 to support all there wrestlers. I was one that early in the season question Palmers conditioning and over his call for injuries times so much. I never question that Palmer is a very good wrestler. Jeffcowrestling I agree with your best match and OW lower weights but in my opinion you have the wrong JC wrestler in OW Upper weights. Townsend did control his match. I think how dominant English was and getting the pin over a very good wrestler Nguyen would be my pick for upper weight OW.

Ijustdontunderstand, that Begley has no competition is the highest compliment of his wrestling skill and speaks volumes.  No one in this region can even come close to pushing him this year...  Yep there is no longer a big dog in the Region which is good for everybody including Science Hill.  I dont think the region is at odds, I hope the region is together, I see it in the parents for the most part and coaches getting along which, trickles down to the kids even with opponents after the match getting along and talking at times after the fray.  Congrats to Buzzy and Tim as well on a very successful year...

True, entering less than 14 kids for both TN High and Jeff County played to DB's advantage some too.

Yea and so did 2 of DB kids losing in the match to place. You didn't have wrestlers. Get wrestlers next year and win. Excuses doesn't get you anywhere except the same place you are now. So change it and win next year.

Edited by Ijustdontunderstand

Yea and so did 2 of DB kids losing in the match to place. You didn't have wrestlers. Get wrestlers next year and win. Excuses doesn't get you anywhere except the same place you are now. So change it and win next year.

Whoa why so hostile? I'm not trying to take anything away from DB at all they are a well put together team and obviously deserved to win. Jeff Co did beat them in the regular season but line ups were a little different. I'm just saying you add a couple more talented to kids to the roster like TN High or Jeff County has and the race is closer, maybe different. Same goes for Science Hill, as soon as their young squad has some experience under their belt they will be back battling for the top spot. Region 1 has come a long way competition wise and has evened out somewhat. Promising for the future.

Whoa why so hostile? I'm not trying to take anything away from DB at all they are a well put together team and obviously deserved to win. Jeff Co did beat them in the regular season but line ups were a little different. I'm just saying you add a couple more talented to kids to the roster like TN High or Jeff County has and the race is closer, maybe different. Same goes for Science Hill, as soon as their young squad has some experience under their belt they will be back battling for the top spot. Region 1 has come a long way competition wise and has evened out somewhat. Promising for the future.

It goes a little something like this. When everyone counts out a team all year no matter what happens then they prove themselves time and time again. Then comments like this about the what ifs and things. Yes Jeff county beat db. You didn't hear any DB kids or parents saying well if this wouldn't happen or we had a better kid or the ref messed us over we would have won. We didn't because you beat us fair and square. Was it the best performance by DB? Probably not. That was also the best that I had seen Jeff county wrestle. Hats off to you. I don't disagree with the points of a bright future, but a comment now and then of how a team deserved to win or things like that would not get a defensive response. As you can tell from my soliloquy earlier that this has been years of things over and over again. I have been around the sport to long to not know what has been done in the past and how everything has gotten better with talent. And the talent with with young kids, DB understands that very much. 6 and 13 are freshman and stepped up. Don't count someone out because of their age and lack of experience.

Edited by Ijustdontunderstand

It goes a little something like this. When everyone counts out a team all year no matter what happens then they prove themselves time and time again. Then comments like this about the what ifs and things. Yes Jeff county beat db. You didn't hear any DB kids or parents saying well if this wouldn't happen or we had a better kid or the ref messed us over we would have won. We didn't because you beat us fair and square. Was it the best performance by DB? Probably not. That was also the best that I had seen Jeff county wrestle. Hats off to you. I don't disagree with the points of a bright future, but a comment now and then of how a team deserved to win or things like that would not get a defensive response. As you can tell from my soliloquy earlier that this has been years of things over and over again. I have been around the sport to long to not know what has been done in the past and how everything has gotten better with talent. And the talent with with young kids, DB understands that very much. 6 and 13 are freshman and stepped up. Don't count someone out because of their age and lack of experience.

I apologize I didn't mean any disrespect? I was just making the point that if the top teams out of the region had full line ups, the competition would be that much better. Thus the region gets better, its no good for any region when one sits at the top and thumps everybody else. Jeff County, Tn High, along with other teams from the region are young so I wouldn't count out any young guys.