Region 1

humorwrestling

I apologize I didn't mean any disrespect? I was just making the point that if the top teams out of the region had full line ups, the competition would be that much better. Thus the region gets better, its no good for any region when one sits at the top and thumps everybody else. Jeff County, Tn High, along with other teams from the region are young so I wouldn't count out any young guys.

I never counted out any young guys. They make the sport interesting. The only young team is Tenn High.

DB

6 seniors

4 juniors

2 sophomores

2 freshmen

Tn high

0 seniors

3 juniors

6 sophomores

1 freshman

Jeff co

3 seniors

7 juniors

2 sophomores

0 freshman

Science hill

6 seniors

2 juniors

2 sophomores

4 freshman

These are from the lineups at regionals. The point I am making is if any other team besides DB would have won then nothing would have been said. The only way you would know is if you came to DB to experience it.

Edited by Ijustdontunderstand

OW-Upper weights: Bagley(SH) or English (JC)

OW Upper weights: English (JC) pinned the defending Champion- a well coached, and equally experienced wrestler...

With this Caveat; Bagely- Booker- Townsend- Begley all squared away tough wrestlers who bested tough opponents... Wouldn't disagree with any of thier nominations. There are good arguments for all...

Edited by BlackknightGATA

There was three in my mind. The Jeff county at 170, Jeff county at 220 in conso semis, and DB 132 vs volunteer

Agree with all the upsets noted above... To me it was Broyles defeat...

This year it seems upsets were the norm... Expectations going into the tournament were upended by the action that unfolded on the mat... Very good competition, drama (good kind) and I for one felt like it was worth the price of admission!

This year it seems upsets were the norm... Expectations going into the tournament were upended by the action that unfolded on the mat... Very good competition, drama (good kind) and I for one felt like it was worth the price of admission!

Broyles defeat was a "big" one but for me I kinda expected it after seeing Johnson wrestle from Tenn High. He is sneaky good in my opinion. I hope Broyles bounces back. I would hate to see his name as a guy who finished fourth in a region.

Broyles defeat was a "big" one but for me I kinda expected it after seeing Johnson wrestle from Tenn High. He is sneaky good in my opinion. I hope Broyles bounces back. I would hate to see his name as a guy who finished fourth in a region.

It was a blindside for me. Never had the privilege of seeing Johnson wrestle a solid competitor so it was a "what just happened... That didn't go as I expected it to go..." Moment for me.

I share your hope that Broyles (and all region one warriors) finish strong... As unfair as it seems, the greatest tests occur during our weakest moments... When we are sick, tired, downtrodden verses when we are at our best... That's wrestling and that's life.

Sneaky good- I like that. There are a few that are like that in this region. Bagley comes to mind... Just when you think you have him- he pulls a double underhook twist spin kick thing out of his bag of tricks and now he's got you.

I'm gonna miss seeing this crop of seniors on the mat.

It was a blindside for me. Never had the privilege of seeing Johnson wrestle a solid competitor so it was a "what just happened... That didn't go as I expected it to go..." Moment for me.

I share your hope that Broyles (and all region one warriors) finish strong... As unfair as it seems, the greatest tests occur during our weakest moments... When we are sick, tired, downtrodden verses when we are at our best... That's wrestling and that's life.

Sneaky good- I like that. There are a few that are like that in this region. Bagley comes to mind... Just when you think you have him- he pulls a double underhook twist spin kick thing out of his bag of tricks and now he's got you.

I'm gonna miss seeing this crop of seniors on the mat.

I have seen johnson wrestle Jeffers 3 times now and the one you so was the best in my mind. I hope they all do well as well and compete for state titles on opposite sides of the bracket

Injury and weight cut got the best of him if you ask me. Was told he looked very very tough at Jeff CO's practice tonight. Edited by jakefromstatefarm

Injury and weight cut got the best of him if you ask me. Was told he looked very very tough at Jeff CO's practice tonight.

Agreed on the basis of his issues...

They all want to be regional champ- but really it's just a qualifier for the big show this week... The big show is where it counts. Not discounting or marginalizing regional accomplishments- just saying 1-4 your in. So with that in mind- if your banged up makes sense to save it for the contests that matter most... Explains Broyles forfeiting consos-