NEW 9-AAA Baseball Thread

FightinIllini

Hville gets the season off to a good start with DH sweep of Riverdale 2-1 and 6-5 on Monday. The Commandos won both games in walk off fashion. In game 1 Wacaser and McMaster combined on a 2 hitter and Brenning won it with a hit in the bottom of the 7th. In game 2 the Commandos scored an improbable win with 5 runs in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs and won it on a 2 run double by SR. Jarques Wardlaw. I assuming games were moved to yesterday due to the forecasted heavy rain later in the week. Good job Commandos!

Hville wins at Tullahoma 4-1 behind a combined 4-hitter from Dorris, Osborne, and Fuller. SR 1B Ben Smith led the Commandos with 3,hits as they had 7 total. Commandos are now 3-0 and have games scheduled the next 2 days in Rutherford County, hopefully they will get a couple in, I believe the district schedule starts Tuesday with MJ.

Must be nice, we (Portland) have had every scrimmage and game rained or snowed out. This weekend we were to be in a wood bat tourney in Clarksville, and its already canceled. Not a good way to go into district play next week. I picked Hville at the end of the season last year to win our district, seems they arent disappointing me lol. Great kids as well from what Ive seen from the dugout. Good luck to all the Sumner County teams this week. 

Gallatin and CPA were able yesterday morning to set last night as a make up time for their game rained out Tuesday, and it was played on the turf at Rose Park. Sophomore Andy Denning had two hits and eight other players had one hit apiece but the Wave played sloppy on defense in a 7-3 loss.  Only 2 of the CPA runs were earned  Another bright spot was sophomore Austin McWhirter pitching 2 and 1/3 scoreless relief innings.  Hopefully we can get the game in tomorrow at Macon County but the weather doesn't look good.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG