Science Hill knocks off Science Hill..I mean Crockett

TFL2001

Huge win for the SH Hilltoppers over the Crockett Pioneers at Crockett. Malik McGue had 20 pts for SH. Patrick Good had 33 for Crockett. A very heated game that saw one fan tossed from the gym and a Crockett player tossed from the game. For those who are wondering how this became a rivalry, Crockett's entire team is made up of mostly SH transfers.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge win for the SH Hilltoppers over the Crockett Pioneers at Crockett. Malik McGue had 20 pts for SH. Patrick Good had 33 for Crockett. A very heated game that saw one fan tossed from the gym and a Crockett player tossed from the game. For those who are wondering how this became a rivalry, Crockett's entire team is made up of mostly SH transfers.

Impressive win by the Toppers. Way to beat your own players lol

• Upvote 1

From what I saw tonight...Crockett is not a state caliber team. They are a one man band and if you do not see that then you don't know basketball. SH played as a team which is a good win. This is the third time I have seen Crockett and I see an undisciplined team that just watches Good jack up deep 3's and then goes and rebounds. I'm not saying anything bad about Good, he is crazy talented. This is the worst basketball talented team SH has had in years and Best Crockett team ever and could not get the win.

This whole thing sounds to me like a mental block.

Since David Crockett has traditionally struggled against Science Hill, it sounds as though they put too much emphasis on this being the year they beat Science Hill, and that kind of stuff. Science Hill is clearly inside the head of David Crockett and has their number, similar to the Tennessee-Florida football rivalry.

Just my outside take.

This whole thing sounds to me like a mental block.

Since David Crockett has traditionally struggled against Science Hill, it sounds as though they put too much emphasis on this being the year they beat Science Hill, and that kind of stuff. Science Hill is clearly inside the head of David Crockett and has their number, similar to the Tennessee-Florida football rivalry.

Just my outside take.

Crockett beat SH last year by 20 at Crockett. Their fans and players (not all but many) have been talking for months about how they were going to kick the Hilltoppers you know what on Jan. 6. So, I wouldn't assume they lost due to "mental block". They lost because as another poster put it, they're a one man show and that's it. Without Good, they are nothing special. An average team. They lost tonight because the Hilltoppers played better team basketball. They can't just depend on one player to do it all for them. Tonight was just more proof that after Good graduates next year, Crockett is in for a rude awakening. 

Crockett beat SH last year by 20 at Crockett. Their fans and players (not all but many) have been talking for months about how they were going to kick the Hilltoppers you know what on Jan. 6. So, I wouldn't assume they lost due to "mental block". They lost because as another poster put it, they're a one man show and that's it. Without Good, they are nothing special. An average team. They lost tonight because the Hilltoppers played better team basketball. They can't just depend on one player to do it all for them. Tonight was just more proof that after Good graduates next year, Crockett is in for a rude awakening.

Good points. I guess the "mental block" in this case would be David Crockett as a team not knowing how to respond when they fell behind. Since they expected to destroy Science Hill, they were in shock when they fell behind to a better TEAM. And next year will definitely be a defining one for John Good's coaching abilities (if he even stays at Crockett).

The man can coach he proved it last night .As a fan his been nice and has stopped and talk to me and my friends every chance he gets .His lost players every year and still won.Most of the problem is the parent once there kid gets in high school the daddy ball goes out the window. Parents just get in the stands keep your mouth shut and let the coaches coach.I get tired of hearing its the coaches fault and this comes from a fan that's been hear from the 90 sDont think Pitts didn't have problems he kicked off players and some quit butthe TEAM went on All you parents are doing when you leave is costing your kid of going to the state because your separating these kids

Both Coach Cutlip and Coach Good are great men. I would let my kid play for either.

An interesting point was raised by another poster. Just how long will Coach Good stay at Crockett after his son graduates next year? Because not only will Patrick graduate but so will several of the other SH transfers (B. Coleman and I. Martin), all of whom are in the Pioneers starting five this year. Dustin Day graduates this year and he's another starter for them. Good, Day and Coleman are their top 3 scorers. And everybody knows that losing your top 3 scorers would hurt any team. It will really hurt Crockett though. Yes, Coach Good may be able to get a few more transfers once his son graduates but I will be pretty shocked if he actually does. Not because he isn't a good coach but because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that kids are transferring because they want to play on the same team as Patrick. They may like Coach Good a lot but they are transferring because of his son. If Patrick weren't at Crockett, I honestly don't think you would've seen one player transfer from SH to there. I wonder if the SH transfers that are currently sophomores at Crockett even end up staying there once Patrick graduates next year. I'm just saying I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them try and go back to SH for their senior year.

Edited by TFL2001

I hope they try and can't make the team. It was like watching AAU craziness light night. Let's shoot 35 footers and have a 6'7 kid shoot the 3 instead of trying him in the post. But I guess that may clog the lane for Good to drive. It truly was daddy ball. It's a shame. I would be upset if my kid was on that team.