West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

Word is from a couple of buddies of mine that coach in the area that they're still interviewing applicants.  Now the guys already mentioned, Harig and Nix, may be the front runners, but a couple of those being interviewed this week haven't been mentioned on this board.  The longer this goes, the more evident it is that West won't be hiring from within.

Edited by BigPoppaPump

Word is from a couple of buddies of mine that coach in the area that they're still interviewing applicants. Now the guys already mentioned, Harig and Nix, may be the front runners, but a couple of those being interviewed this week haven't been mentioned on this board. The longer this goes, the more evident it is that West won't be hiring from within.

Do tell BPP!

Nix is out, pulled his name after talking with the principal about what his teaching responsibilities would be. I think pretty sure that it will be Jeff Harig from Loudon. 

Nix may have interviewed, but lets be honest.  He "pulled his name out", after he was told he was not a good fit at West.  If my memory serves me, West won a State Championship with a pretty stout D.  West is not looking to replace the defense or enaything else they have going if they are smart.  Nix didnt get the job because he is a defensive guy.....and a few other reasons if his repuation serves him well. 

Not sure about the Loudon guy.  Seems like he's done a decent job at Loudon, but Loudon is drastically different compared to West. 

BigPoppa, who are the other guys interviewing?

Nix may have interviewed, but lets be honest.  He "pulled his name out", after he was told he was not a good fit at West.  If my memory serves me, West won a State Championship with a pretty stout D.  West is not looking to replace the defense or enaything else they have going if they are smart.  Nix didnt get the job because he is a defensive guy.....and a few other reasons if his repuation serves him well. 

Not sure about the Loudon guy.  Seems like he's done a decent job at Loudon, but Loudon is drastically different compared to West. 

BigPoppa, who are the other guys interviewing?

Not true at all. Nix met with Francis, the booster club guy, as was told he would pretty much be able to just teach gym/weight lifting, but when Nix talked to the principal, he Nix was told that he would have to teach Social Studies or something like that.  THAT is why Nix turned it down, it was his job to take, if he wanted it.

Not true at all. Nix met with Francis, the booster club guy, as was told he would pretty much be able to just teach gym/weight lifting, but when Nix talked to the principal, he Nix was told that he would have to teach Social Studies or something like that.  THAT is why Nix turned it down, it was his job to take, if he wanted it.

False.  It's ok though, Nix wasn't the only person to be denied at West.  I heard ole Eddy was also turned down based solely on losing to West 5 years in a row.  Many good coaches put their name in the hat is my understanding.  BigPoppa knows.

False.  It's ok though, Nix wasn't the only person to be denied at West.  I heard ole Eddy was also turned down based solely on losing to West 5 years in a row.  Many good coaches put their name in the hat is my understanding.  BigPoppa knows.

You are flat wrong, but it appears that you are the kind of person that will never accept that, so I will not argue any further on the Nix thing. I will argue with you that Eddie Courtney applied or even thought about applying for the Knox-West. The statement you made about him tells me all that I need to know about you.