Fun game to watch tonight in Nashville

quizlo11

I didn't say Ensworth was scared as I don't have a dog in the hunt BUT when Lighthouse recruits as well as Ensworth, things change, eh? And with Lighthouse not being TSSAA the recruits can play the next day they are enrolled instead of redshirting them in middle school like many of the private school teams do....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say Ensworth was scared as I don't have a dog in the hunt BUT when Lighthouse recruits as well as Ensworth, things change, eh? And with Lighthouse not being TSSAA the recruits can play the next day they are enrolled instead of redshirting them in middle school like many of the private school teams do....

No, Ensworth didn't cancel on Lighthouse. That was Brentwood Academy who did that.

I heard one of Hamilton Heights best players with multiple D1 offers didn't dress out yesterday. I won't be surprised if I hear that other players didn't play either. Hamilton Heights is 20-30+ points better than Ensworth if they are at full strength. There's a reason unapproved website only uses statistics and yet has Hamilton Heights at #2 in the state.

Will Ensworth play Lighthouse? I heard last year that Ensworth cancelled their game with Lighthouse with less than a weeks notice? 

But to answer your question... No, they won't. Lighthouse ran Ensworth out of the gym this summer at Belmont's camp. They also contacted Ensworth with multiple dates they could play but Ensworth didn't want to.

I would say its because Lighthouse isn't TSSAA, but then again Ensworth scheduled Hamilton Heights and they've also scheduled Aaron Academy and Nashville Central Christian in the past who also are not.

Any neutral observer (such as myself) who has seen these two teams play know that Lighthouse is a superior team to Ensworth. I try not to underestimate Ensworth due to their stellar coaching, but I still think they would get handled rather easily by Lighthouse. One of the Lighthouse fans can chime in, but my understanding on the recruiting question is that most of their players (Smith, Nappier twins, et al) have been at Lighthouse for quite some time.

Any neutral observer (such as myself) who has seen these two teams play know that Lighthouse is a superior team to Ensworth. I try not to underestimate Ensworth due to their stellar coaching, but I still think they would get handled rather easily by Lighthouse. One of the Lighthouse fans can chime in, but my understanding on the recruiting question is that most of their players (Smith, Nappier twins, et al) have been at Lighthouse for quite some time.

Yes, their 3 best players have been there since early elementary school.

And then a kid like Chase Hawkins transferred in because he wants to play basketball with those guys. What should Lighthouse do? Not let him in? 

And Big Poppa is right, they do have the luxury of letting him play right away since they are not TSSAA.

But do they "recruit"? Not at all actually.