Alcoa Tornadoes 2015

AlcoaBasketball

It will not increase, and will stay the same. Does anybody remember a jet sweep to the short side of the field on 3rd and 15, no timeouts, down 7, and 40 seconds on the clock? Ring a bell??

I'm not being negative at all on CGR, he is a great coach and great man, but coaches believe in their system. They practice it and preach it, and then roll with it. That particular call may have been questionable, as is any one particular call any coach makes.

As far as CAK is concerned, I can only remember one game where CRB drastically changed his offense. That was the regular season game against Alcoa in 2011 when it had rained cats and dogs and before any of us had turf. It was slippery, muddy, and rainy. CRB played power football in that game and the outcome was shocking. I think it surprised both sides of the stands, and even shocked both coaches. But as a general rule, I don't see really good coaches like CGR or CRB abandoning what has been their ticket to success. Can't say I blame them, although sometimes it's hard to sit back and watch.

Do you guys see an Alcoa that throws the ball substantially more this year, or likely sticking with what has worked?

any throwing will be more than they did the last two games of the season verses ND and CPA. But don't hold your breath Rankin starts running the spread any time soon. He does what he does, and has a track record of winning doing it so why change it up to much.

I'm not being negative at all on CGR, he is a great coach and great man, but coaches believe in their system. They practice it and preach it, and then roll with it. That particular call may have been questionable, as is any one particular call any coach makes.

As far as CAK is concerned, I can only remember one game where CRB drastically changed his offense. That was the regular season game against Alcoa in 2011 when it had rained cats and dogs and before any of us had turf. It was slippery, muddy, and rainy. CRB played power football in that game and the outcome was shocking. I think it surprised both sides of the stands, and even shocked both coaches. But as a general rule, I don't see really good coaches like CGR or CRB abandoning what has been their ticket to success. Can't say I blame them, although sometimes it's hard to sit back and watch.

I remember that game and I am thankful we had Gary Rankin when we did. We needed discipline bad! Ibreally wished he was better at making adjustments though when gameplan gets shut down. In saying that though, he was really good for an Alcoa program that needed him!

Alcoa will still be run heavy( and pretty good at it). It will not matter who the QB or WR's are. Have you ever known a Rankin team at any stop to abandon the run? As Booger would say..."Just Sayin"

he will run that back til he drops......or he has no legs......thas why CPA thanked us for helping them win that Title

Booger just sayin RTAA5GREc.gif

Ups and downs at the scrimmage. Main things I saw was the O-line, while good sized, are young and it showed at times. Turbyfill and Evans will be stout and looked upon for leadership. It's early, but they'll improve as the season goes on. Outside of McClurg, inexperience at LB looks like it COULD be a potential weakness too. The D-line, will be almost unblockable. The freshman QB looked awesome, just no help from his WRs. Also some good-sized boys on the lines for the freshman team. Again, just one situational scrimmage so hard to tell much of anything. I can tell Central should be much improved. A good looking QB in Mitchell, and #70 was a load at DE. Their defense was pretty tough, as it should be with Larry Slade coaching em up

Ups and downs at the scrimmage. Main things I saw was the O-line, while good sized, are young and it showed at times. Turbyfill and Evans will be stout and looked upon for leadership. It's early, but they'll improve as the season goes on. Outside of McClurg, inexperience at LB looks like it COULD be a potential weakness too. The D-line, will be almost unblockable. The freshman QB looked awesome, just no help from his WRs. Also some good-sized boys on the lines for the freshman team. Again, just one situational scrimmage so hard to tell much of anything. I can tell Central should be much improved. A good looking QB in Mitchell, and #70 was a load at DE. Their defense was pretty tough, as it should be with Larry Slade coaching em up

Agree! +1

Our defensive line might be the best in 3A. Our defense as a whole will be stout. I'm a LOT less worried about the offense now than I was in previous months.

Absolutely

Really love having the option of McClurg either lining up at RB or he can get in the "Wild F5" and run it or catch the defense off guard and sneak a pass downfield. Dangerous. Myers looked a lot better at QB, Clabough will be a threat to take it to the house any time he touches it, and Shereef will compliment McClurg well