Bearden 2015

NewB

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just clean house. Knoxdad must be an expert.  Saw one game. Maybe KnoxDad and his buddy can get the parents together and get things going in the right direction!

Never claimed to be an expert, but what makes you think you're one? Are you the only fan allowed to have an opinion on Bearden? No sense in talking like a football genius when you have the same view from the bleachers I do on Fridays.

You can talk offense all you want, but there were MAJOR problems defensively. DC has been there awhile, maybe it's time to look in a different direction...

:popcorneater:

A bunch of changes to this year's staff.  Good moves by Coach Shinlever that he had to make IMO.  Tough year this year.  Hopefully the changes will pay off.  We'll see.  Just going off of JV games, a lot of young starters, and a completely returning line, Bearden will beat Powell, William Blount, Karns, and Jeff County.  Maybe pick up another upset with a Bradley Central, Hardin Valley or Farragut. 4-5 wins.

A bunch of changes to this year's staff.  Good moves by Coach Shinlever that he had to make IMO.  Tough year this year.  Hopefully the changes will pay off.  We'll see.  Just going off of JV games, a lot of young starters, and a completely returning line, Bearden will beat Powell, William Blount, Karns, and Jeff County.  Maybe pick up another upset with a Bradley Central, Hardin Valley or Farragut. 4-5 wins.

What new changes Bulldog?  Names?  

• 2 months later...

I heard the bulldogs started spring ball yesterday, any body get a look at them?

Caught the last half of practice after work.  A lot of emotion and excitement it seemed, just like any first day of practice anywhere.  There were two jersey colors out there, so it seemed like the boys may mostly be playing one side of the ball.  What I was most impressed with was the lack of down time it seemed there was.  Everybody was doing something all the time.  A few different scrimmage type of times.  I would say the defense got the best of the offense from what I saw, but the Bulldogs definitely have a big armed QB and at least a couple of really good looking athletes on the perimeter.  A couple of new faces on the coaching staff out there as well.  Got a new DB coach, a new RB coach, and the new OC.  I just love their D-Line coach.  Talk about energy!  He makes me wanna strap it up again! I'd run through a wall for him. Bearden will be improved.

Guest nothingelsematters

New oc, got rid of the line coach, new running backs coach, new defensive backs coach. The defense looks a lot like last year, but it sure looks like they changed the entire offense. It will be fun to see what the spring looks like.

Who is the new OC where is he from and what is his experience. I thought Coach Fendley was the line coach. He has been there a long time and has had some good o lines. Why get rid of him?

He is a very good coach. He will catch on with a winner. The spring will show what has changed when they scrimmage some one. I hope they do well. Tough schedule, especially with some long road games against proven programs.

Who is the new OC where is he from and what is his experience. I thought Coach Fendley was the line coach. He has been there a long time and has had some good o lines. Why get rid of him?

He is a very good coach. He will catch on with a winner. The spring will show what has changed when they scrimmage some one. I hope they do well. Tough schedule, especially with some long road games against proven programs.

The new OC's name I believe is Shelton?  He was a new guy last year and coached the defensive backs.  I'm not quite sure where he was before Bearden, but seems pretty young.  Coach Fendley is still out there, or at least was Monday.  Apparently, Bearden had TWO offensive line coaches last year (this was news to me).  One of the offensive line coaches left, not sure what his name is.  You're right about the tough schedule though.  Gonna be a long haul for the Bulldogs, but I'll always be there.  There's no way the offense will be as bad as it was last year though.  Maybe the worst offense I've ever seen in high school football.  You follow closely nothingelse?  I'm new to the chatter.  Would love to hear your thoughts.