District 7a mvp

Ballfantic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of juniors have won back in the day Trent Boles from Clay won it as a JR. As well as others however the coaches vote on this and they robbed Boles the next year when he was more deserving IMO. So i do believe that politics play a part. As for this year I don't believe Phillips will get it his team is last in the district and to be frank never really cared for his attitude. Sure he's a great player and has improved but I believe Monterey under achieved as far as the District is concerned.

You may very well be right TruthHurts. Monterey is last in the district and that may hurt Phillips chances. Does attitude and good sportsmanship of the player play a part in who gets it? Do the coaches consider those things? Or is it stats only? If attitude is a factor that narrows it down even further.

Truthhurts 22 you must have not saw the Phillips kid lately.  His attitude has done a 360.  In my opinion his attitude (at this point) is no worse than some other kids int he district. Team standings in district shouldn't even play into MVP.  Take Phillips and Ferrell of instance, they play a big role on their team as they have no help around them.  Pickett and Monterey have both been in some close games this season.  MVP should be a kid who contributes the most the his team along with stats, and attitude.  Whatever your thoughts on this it will be a close race.

Truthhurts 22 you must have not saw the Phillips kid lately.  His attitude has done a 360.  In my opinion his attitude (at this point) is no worse than some other kids int he district. Team standings in district shouldn't even play into MVP.  Take Phillips and Ferrell of instance, they play a big role on their team as they have no help around them.  Pickett and Monterey have both been in some close games this season.  MVP should be a kid who contributes the most the his team along with stats, and attitude.  Whatever your thoughts on this it will be a close race.

John Michael Ferrell has no help!? What about freshman Dawson Abbott getting 7 and 8 threes in many games? Dalton Gore gets plenty of rebounds and often scores in the teens. David Parris has been great on D lately getting critical steals. Freshman Brian Gibson often gets several threes in a game and plenty of rebounds. Blake Hughes gets his share of rebounds and has been knwn to score int he teens. When John Michael gets no help they do lose, but when they are all, on they play great...a 1 point and 2 point loss to White Co., beat Jackson Co, Monterey etc PC is hardly a one-man team, but yes, John Michael is an outstanding player.

Congrats to Key on MVP. Well deserved. Key has a great attitude and great sportsmanship as well. Very humble young man to be so talented. No smack talking no disrespecting other players. Again congrats. Clay County is very proud of you. Good luck to all in the tournaments next week

I heard phillips, beaty, and seims made first team but thats all ive heard. Anyone got any info on who made the teams?

1st team Phillips(MHs),hall(JC),Beaty(cr),Ferrell(PC), seims(cr)

2nd team Coe(JC),Dodson(cc),crouch(cr),Phillips(JC), Abbott(PC)

3rd team endicott(cc), dove(MHs),gore(PC), brown(JC), mabry(cc)

Key(cc) MVP