10a mvp

twhite21

Chase Clark from Houston County for district MVP. Four year starter at point guard. Can handle and pass the ball. Can shoot and score the ball. Sees the court very well and creates many opportunities for teammates.

Clark is a good player but not on the caliber of jackson. Yes hchs won the district but head to head Jackson is 2 and 0 against Clark with both wins by double figures

Clark is a good player but not on the caliber of jackson. Yes hchs won the district but head to head Jackson is 2 and 0 against Clark with both wins by double figures

First game was a six point loss (82-76). However, I don't believe a MVP award should be solely based on scoring or a scoring average, but if someone only wants to point that out as earlier posts have indicated on this topic, then I will remind people that Clark scored 34 points in that game. I would also like to add that Clark is a member of the 1,000 point club as a point guard, which is not easy to do. Also, his past teams have never had district or region post season play to help accumulate that total. Jackson is a good player, but maybe not as valuable to his team as Clark.

Edited by houstonhoopz

There must be a downfall in 10A talent if he is an MVP frontrunner. He no doubt is a solid player, but didnt really stand out in either game against us this season. 

Big talent gap in A & AA though too

In response, if your not impressed with A talent, then we could quickly mention Waverly of which I'm sure you would agree that they do stand out in 11-AA. Again I will say scoring is not everything to consider when you're discussing a MVP award, but Clark did score 30 points against them, and will also remind folks that's coming from the point guard position. If you've been starting for four years, you can bank on the fact that the other teams are going to know where you are on the court and be defended well. That being said, it's hard to have a great game every night.

First game was a six point loss (82-76). However, I don't believe a MVP award should be solely based on scoring or a scoring average, but if someone only wants to point that out as earlier posts have indicated on this topic, then I will remind people that Clark scored 34 points in that game. I would also like to add that Clark is a member of the 1,000 point club as a point guard, which is not easy to do. Also, his past teams have never had district or region post season play to help accumulate that total. Jackson is a good player, but maybe not as valuable to his team as Clark.

jackson is more than just scoring.  he is averaging a double double. 3yr starter as a junior. has scored 1000 pts already. and youre right clark had 34 in the game but it was still a loss.  clark is a great volume shooter. jackson gets his points without taking near as many shots as clark. As far as being hard to score from the point guard spot, its alot easier for clark in hchs system because he has the ball in his hand so much. ive seen time where he has dribbled up the court and shot 2-3ft behind the line without passing to anyone. Some make some missed, but to have the green light at all time does make it alot easier to put up those points.  Im not discrediting Clark's game in no way, but if im picking teams, my first draft pick would be Jackson, and im sure majority of the educated basketball fans would agree