Johnson Co at Hampton Rd-2

uknoit2

Hampton went to JC earlier this season and had no trouble with the Longhorns.

But recently, the Longhorns gave Elizabethon & Unicoi a loss and beat David Crockett last night.

The box scores show no outstanding numbers for the 'horns, just good numbers across

the boards....Seems they were able to hold DC's Good to 20.

Hampton may be a little deeper than DC and we're on a roll right now, just starting to peak.

JC's Guzman and Phillips will enter the gym Friday night to make a point...If our post players play in the post and we hit our lay ups, Hampton should be fine. They will seek to shut down Jones making it very important that our 2 & 3 guards get open and hit the shots...Getting that quick start, wearing down JC and DOMINATING the boards will be crutial in this game for Hampton IMO.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I started thinking (never a good idea BTW)....JC may just be as good as Eliz and Unicoi...A team we should've beaten and a team we have already beaten...But you know how should've, could've, would've goes!

As for DC, well, they may have been one of those teams that peaked too soon while other teams were still at work.

I hope the DOGS just come out and play like it's our last game against the state's best and take care of business early.

Then I started thinking (never a good idea BTW)....JC may just be as good as Eliz and Unicoi...A team we should've beaten and a team we have already beaten...But you know how should've, could've, would've goes!

As for DC, well, they may have been one of those teams that peaked too soon while other teams were still at work.

I hope the DOGS just come out and play like it's our last game against the state's best and take care of business early.

I think we'll get a full test. The basket gets large when you're drilling someone,  We need a couple of end of the season tests. 

I believe this yr has demonstrated that it's all about matchups. That's why comparing scores does no good. South greens style and players matchup well with what we are trying to do. That's why they beat us. Then we go down and blow Harriman out of the gym because we matchup well with them

Edited by tootiedwc

HHS wins 51-48

We did what I hoped we wouldn't...no inside-out...poor rebounding...but thankfully JC played as bad as we did.

Camillo spent the whole game on bench due to being T'd up...Jones never got into the offense....saw a lil contention amongst a few...that's good for a team at this point