Bradley Central V. Tennessee Temple

supersteve17

This was a fun scrimmage to sneak in to. Bradley ate Temple up with pressure, creating all kinds of turnovers in their press. Temple on the other hand, seemed to beat Bradley when the game was in the half court.

Bradley needs to find a stronger post presence, and Temple needs to handle the pressure better, and both need to get some help scoring and not have to depend on one player.

Bradley's two guards out front were probably equal in the scoring category with a third guard scoring several buckets off of turnovers. I thought Bradley's post presence was positive. One of Bradley's positive points is that they have three or four scoring threats. Temple, however seemed to depend largely on the scoring of only one player. Part of that was due to the defense that Bradley imposed. It was tough for Temple to get shots off. This is MY evaluation.

Tnwareagle is correct and I was able to watch the whole scrimmage. The points for Bradley came mostly in transition off turnovers, and they created a ton of them. But in the half court, there were not 3-4 great scorers from Bradly in THIS scrimmage, in fact, if you played the game only half court, Temple wins. But of course that is not the way the game is played!

The post players were adequate, but nothing even close to what they had last year. I was told that a student was keeping stats, (I guess it was the stat guy for the season, practicing). Suiter (sp?) will be a very good player, and he did start, but he did not do that much offensively.

The post is also correct that Temple relied mostly on one scorer as the others couldn't get much to fall. Bradley got great offensive production from Hare, but no one else really stood out, other than lay-ups off turnovers.

Temple is a good team, but they have a lot of work to do, and I am confident that they are working hard, if they progress and get the young kids some experience, they could easily be back in the hunt for a title. Bradley is young, all Juniors, but their defense is smothering and as they mature they will be knocking on the door of Murfreesboro, this year as well as next.

I also watched the scrimmage at Temple. Bradley's Pressure was good but it was used against subs. Hare had 7 fouls called on him In the 3rd 10 min. period. Wadley had his shots they just didn't fall. Do I believe Temple is better than Bradley? No, but remember last year Bradley beat Temple by 16 and Temple won the state. This scrimmage was good for both teams. I would pay to watch them play again. It was a good scrimmage.