Recruiting / Public v Private

BasketballTom

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the split happens, why don't the private schools form an athletic association separate from the TSSAA and then they do whatever they want?

IMO a split could end up being worse the public than they feel it is with the current set up. To me this opens the door for private schools to really start recruiting and taking even more kids.

I really hope this is what happens, not the recruiting part really, but the seperation.  I think the T$$AA is worthless, all they do is intake money and have 'meetings' where they do nothing but realign the teams so they can potentially get more gate money.  The funny part is, the privates will split, which will take a large punch to the wallet of T$$AA, then the T$$AA will be begging for them to come back.  

I really hope this is what happens, not the recruiting part really, but the seperation.  I think the T$$AA is worthless, all they do is intake money and have 'meetings' where they do nothing but realign the teams so they can potentially get more gate money.  The funny part is, the privates will split, which will take a large punch to the wallet of T$$AA, then the T$$AA will be begging for them to come back.

IMO, the private schools will form an association for the private schools and any public schools that wish to join. I could see the association mirror the Ivy League with first class facilities and championships. The new association will be nothing like the current TSSAA. The TSSAA will not beg the private schools to rejoin due to financial reasons. Yes, the public school association will hurt for funds but they will just raise taxes to cover the cost of doing business.

IMO, the private schools will form an association for the private schools and any public schools that wish to join. I could see the association mirror the Ivy League with first class facilities and championships. The new association will be nothing like the current TSSAA. The TSSAA will not beg the private schools to rejoin due to financial reasons. Yes, the public school association will hurt for funds but they will just raise taxes to cover the cost of doing business.

I am pretty confident the TSSAA does not receive tax money to operate.  They are a NPO, they are not a state run org.  

What is the difference in private schools recruiting and public school with open enrollment. ZERO!!!

It happens everywhere, with open enrollment all parents have to do is provide transportation and there child can attend that school. Wilson Central has been doing it for years in wrestling. 

Just because open enrollment / transfer take place, TSSAA still has to grant the player eligibility to play at the new school.  Is TSSAA diligent on fact checking for the transfers?  They did a pretty good job on Jarnell Stokes a few years ago and Skal last year.

What is the difference in private schools recruiting and public school with open enrollment. ZERO!!!

It happens everywhere, with open enrollment all parents have to do is provide transportation and there child can attend that school. Wilson Central has been doing it for years in wrestling. 

There are very few places which have open enrollment. No private school should ever be in single A