Pennsylvania Coach looking at High schools in Tri Cities area

AzZa9

What do the highlighted numbers below represent?

Indian Springs Warrior Wrestli 3907 31 212.5

Bristol Wrestling Club 3909 13 115.5

Did anyone have to qualify for AAU State this year?

Hope this thread doesn't go off the rails.

Also hope that AzZa9 can find a place to coach in the Tri-Cities. There's only one head coaching job that's likely to be available if that's what you're looking for. Not sure that it will be.

Most of this region try to work together improve the overall wrestling in the area. We are still not on par with much of the state but some schools are making strides and appear to be closing the gap. Some schools not so much. These schools are where you would have the most immediate impact.

They are number of people the team took including middle school. I don't know if there was a region before hand. I hope so too. This is a subject I have been saying for the past year is respecting others and some people do not get it. So if I came across hateful I am sorry. I just wish people would stop attacking others because of bias and not on facts.

I'm not sure what empirical evidence "the best feeder system in the area" comment is based upon. Viking Wrestling Club, which has produced two recent (underclass) state medalists over the past two seasons, and has produced a nucleus that made a deep run in the state duals this year, probably deserves that distinction. They will be the team to beat in the region next year, and don't appear to be going away anytime soon. It might also be noted that their middle school team finished second in both the conference indidvual and dual tournaments.

The team that finished ahead of them in the middle school conference was Liberty Bell, which feeds Science Hill. They were undefeated in the conference this season and will return a strong nucleus; in addition, it looks like sixth graders will be able to participate on the middle school team next year.

I hope I don't confuse anyone with the facts.

Facts are great 2 AAU State champs along with 11 other placers 2 Spring Youth National champs and 8 other placers sounds like a pretty good feeder program. I will agree that the Vikings Wrestling club has always been one of the best programs in the area but it Is now the Bristol wrestling club feeding both Tennessee high and Virginia High and all of the coaches that made it what it was have moved on. The whole middle school league is little more than a joke in the area any wrestler with a couple years of AAU wrestling should never lose a match which leads many to skip it all together and stick with AAU since TSSAA does not allow them to do both at the same time although SOME COACHES overlook this rule.

Just a few "FACTS"about area feeder programs.

Well.... I guess you can't say we're not passionate about our wrestling in this area.

Regardless of who the best team is or who has the best feeder program, what this area really needs is a good offseason coach/program to drag our kids around during the spring and summer. Before I took the job at Science Hill, that was what I did. I ran a freestyle/Greco club called Team Tornado during the offseason which most Region One state medalists (from multiple schools) were a part of. Over half of the 09/10 Science Hill team that finished 3rd in the state were very involved with Team Tornado during the offseason and I strongly believe the extra mat time was a large part of their success. Since I have taken the high school position there has been no such program in the area and I have been striving to find someone to do something similar.

Currently I am unable to do this during the summer now because that is the busiest time for my work and I am out of town nearly every week along with our head coach.

It would be great to have a new person in the area who is willing to work with kids during the offseason and has the availability to drag kids to tournaments on the weekend. I feel that is the biggest thing our school and this area is missing. I do not know if you would be able to do something like this, but it sounds like a great fit for what you want as you said you would like to ease into the East TN wrestling community. I hope this would be something you're interested in. We would welcome you into our room any time as well as kids from any of the region rivals. We are very competitive, but we are also about promoting the sport.

Look forward to meeting you and hope you and your wife find an appropriate place to settle down.

Well.... I guess you can't say we're not passionate about our wrestling in this area.

Regardless of who the best team is or who has the best feeder program, what this area really needs is a good offseason coach/program to drag our kids around during the spring and summer. Before I took the job at Science Hill, that was what I did. I ran a freestyle/Greco club called Team Tornado during the offseason which most Region One state medalists (from multiple schools) were a part of. Over half of the 09/10 Science Hill team that finished 3rd in the state were very involved with Team Tornado during the offseason and I strongly believe the extra mat time was a large part of their success. Since I have taken the high school position there has been no such program in the area and I have been striving to find someone to do something similar.

Currently I am unable to do this during the summer now because that is the busiest time for my work and I am out of town nearly every week along with our head coach.

It would be great to have a new person in the area who is willing to work with kids during the offseason and has the availability to drag kids to tournaments on the weekend. I feel that is the biggest thing our school and this area is missing. I do not know if you would be able to do something like this, but it sounds like a great fit for what you want as you said you would like to ease into the East TN wrestling community. I hope this would be something you're interested in. We would welcome you into our room any time as well as kids from any of the region rivals. We are very competitive, but we are also about promoting the sport.

Look forward to meeting you and hope you and your wife find an appropriate place to settle down.

maybe Mr Boskin would love to come back up and build that pipeline back up?

• 9 months later...

'The Tri Cities area is a great place with as already mentioned some good programs established and working really hard to improve.' 

I recently did the same thing, moved down from PA to the Tri-Cities area and currently am an assistant coach at David Crockett HS.  We are in the process of building, we will have a middle school program in 2014/2015 for the first time and working to establish the AAU program as well. 

It depends what your looking for: Most of the schools mentioned already have feeder or good programs established and just need help in areas. Some schools have nothing and show up with 5-7 kids for a match.  I guess for you, it depends, are you looking to be in an established program or build a new one?

I was from Quakertown PA, south of the Northampton, Nazareth, Easton, Bethlehem Catholic hotbed.  We had a solid program, 125 plus K-6th, 50-60 Middle School kids and then 30-40 HS kids a year.  It was not a powerhouse, but a solid team.  In our Region 1, we only have a few teams like that: Science Hill, DB, Tenn High and Jeff County and then Greenville in Small School.

If you want to chat with a PA guy on this give me a email and I will then give a phone, don't want to post up phone number on open forum...thanks and good luck Tennessee is a great place to move to and the wrestling in Tri Cities is not bad, as a collective group we are trying to make Region 1 better and the teams here do work together to make that happen.

mhbach64@gmail.com

Mike (Zach Bynum Dad)

Fine prediction!!

??? Not sure what you mean by that.

check out your BB Historical records and you will see that name directing the development of that program in the 80's and he still loves the sport today an assistant at Stewarts Creek and PE coach on campus, at SC Middle. They could Almost let those younger 7th and 8th graders complete like you do with the nearness of proximity Edited by Sommers