District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

That's what I am saying pound your chest when you beat a Clarkrange team at full strength cause I still believe they were missing players when Oneida beat them . As far as mettle goes Oneida was leaps and bounds above anyone in district four this year to me they did what was expected by winning last night . Prove your mettle days start friday when District three rolls into town If they are still playing on Saturday my outlook will change as of now undeafeated in district play was supposed to happen. Good Luck would like to see district four do well and I mean no disrespect but the air is better when your feet is on the ground.     

I find it amusing you have such a dislike for Oneida. I can give you a Clarkrange parents contact info if that makes you feel better. Kara Meadows was the only player they had out.

I'm sure if we are still playing Saturday you will have an excuse for that too. I agree that 3A is probably stronger. I just don't like your disrespect for our ladies and the rest of 4A.

Just out of curiosity. How did we beat 3-AA champs Union Co?

So according to RoCoBall, we are done......I'm sure the girls would like to get things decided on the court.  We'll just try to change perceptions on the floor.  Is Region 4 stronger....?  My answer would be a definite yes.....but I also think this Oneida team would have faired better than anticipated had they been in that Region.  You can compare apples and oranges at will, but ultimately things will be defined by how teams fare on the court.  I like our chances against anyone if we play up to our capabilities, and through the second half of the season we have done that.  I would be stunned if everyone we face doesn't get our best because quite frankly, the posts have been somewhat disrespectful towards a team that has met it's challenges and improved each week.  Remember, that poor Clarkrange team throttled us by 20+ on their own court......then we showed up several weeks later and beat the same team.  I'm not claiming we are the darlings of the Region tournament, but we'll certainly show up!

Kazzy

Go get em Kazzy.

They said the same things last year about District 4 when OS was in your shoes and they showed them.

Oneida is a solid team playing some of their best ball right now. Good luck District 4

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the clarkrange win . Any win is a good win I was just saying that was not a" TRUE" clarkrange team, and starting four seniors and a junior don't see how that's not veterans coming back!! Anyway like I said Oneida had better coaching than anyone in district and it showed up bright . Good luck moving forward , hope district four does well but, still I think regionals turns into a second district three tournament !!!!! GOOD LUCK

You said "Oneida just had everybody back." Obviously we did not. So by veterans I was referring to "veteran starters".

I do agree we have the best coaching in the district.

I meant District 3 (overall) is better......but I do think we can compete favorably on a given night.  Will we sweep all the first round games.....no way.  Will we have several tight competitive games?  I believe so.  I would think Oakdale will have a huge mountain to overcome simply because they have lost 2 straight games and it is hard to regain any traction. (Exact opposite for Midway)  Apparently they are playing very well right now.  The rest of the games should be interesting and if the right team shows up....who knows how they will turn out.  All I know is our house better be rocking Friday Night......THE TOWN WILL SHOW UP.

Kazzy

And RoCo......I ain't pounding my chest over anything....!  I sit in the stands and watch the brown ball bounce....!  Pretty much sums up my contribution to the events on the floor.  Do I relish watching the kids play?  Heck, yeah.....and I've even been seen standing up and clapping every so often.  Yap at the refs......check.   Get a popcorn.....check.  Hold my ears when the pep band plays...check.  Got kid that plays and I am dang proud of her.......but whatever she does or doesn't do is on her and my job is to make sure she don't go around beating her chest when the team wins  Hope to have you up Friday Night, but my guess is you probably WANT us to win our opener....! :thumb:

Kazzoom :o       

1st let me say that D3 might win the whole thing and if they do that's great for them. I put together a few stats that might mean something not sure. I also know from year to year teams change and circumstances are different
and comparing team A to team B might not be a good indicator but the strength of a district might have some relevance

I'm excluding this year because it's not complete yet.

The past 10 year's and there might be a couple AA years in the beginning not sure.

Current District 3 Teams included in the stats are Harriman, Tellico Plains, Grace, Midway, Rockwood and Greenback.
District 4 teams included are Oliver Springs, Coalfield, Oneida, Wartburg and Oakdale

District 3 - 10 District titles
District 4 - 10 District titles as well

District 3 - 4 Regional titles
District 4 - 8 Regional titles

District 3 - 7 Substate appearances
District 4 - 12 Substate appearances

District 3 - 1 State appearances
District 4 - 8 State appearances

I agree this year D3 is the strongest top to bottom but don't count out D4. If the past has any relevance they still have a shot at salvaging something out of it.
GO D4 Oakdale, Wartburg, Coalfield and Oneida

Edited by Hopi

Well Mick-o......Meigs has only been is District 3 for about 3 or 4 years so it kinda hard to peg a team that for years has been in a larger division.  I'm not faulting them for that, just saying they really haven't been associated with their current position for very long.  Therefore, that would be why Hopi probably didn't include them....? 

Kazzy