District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

Well Mick-o......Meigs has only been is District 3 for about 3 or 4 years so it kinda hard to peg a team that for years has been in a larger division. I'm not faulting them for that, just saying they really haven't been associated with their current position for very long. Therefore, that would be why Hopi probably didn't include them....?

Kazzy

whether he wants to include them or not they went to substate last year and the state semifinals the year before that while a member of d-3.

whether he wants to include them or not they went to substate last year and the state semifinals the year before that while a member of d-3.

I just for got. Ill check it tomorrow and add those in. But if my memory serves this is the third year Meigs has been in D3 and from recollection

in 13/14 they added 1 state and 1 substate, they lost the district and region finals that year and in 14/15 they won a district title and and lost the region and substate games.

So you can add 1 State, 2 substates and 1 district

But Ill check tomorrow

Edited by Hopi

1st let me say that D3 might win the whole thing and if they do that's great for them. I put together a few stats that might mean something not sure. I also know from year to year teams change and circumstances are different

and comparing team A to team B might not be a good indicator but the strength of a district might have some relevance

I'm excluding this year because it's not complete yet.

The past 10 year's and there might be a couple AA years in the beginning not sure.

Current District 3 Teams included in the stats are Harriman, Meigs Co, Tellico Plains, Grace, Midway, Rockwood and Greenback.

District 4 teams included are Oliver Springs, Coalfield, Oneida, Wartburg and Oakdale

District 3 - 11 District titles

District 4 - 10 District titles as well

District 3 - 4 Regional titles

District 4 - 8 Regional titles

District 3 - 7 Substate appearances

District 4 - 12 Substate appearances

District 3 - 1 State appearances

District 4 - 8 State appearances

I agree this year D3 is the strongest top to bottom but don't count out D4. If the past has any relevance they still have a shot at salvaging something out of it.

GO D4 Oakdale, Wartburg, Coalfield and Oneida

Went back this morning and changed the numbers. This is Meigs 3rd season in D3 so their sample size is not indicative of their successes in AA. They are and always been a strong program.

I understand this means absolutely nothing in the games this year and probably no one really cares either way. All it shows is history.

Edited by Hopi

And RoCo......I ain't pounding my chest over anything....!  I sit in the stands and watch the brown ball bounce....!  Pretty much sums up my contribution to the events on the floor.  Do I relish watching the kids play?  Heck, yeah.....and I've even been seen standing up and clapping every so often.  Yap at the refs......check.   Get a popcorn.....check.  Hold my ears when the pep band plays...check.  Got kid that plays and I am dang proud of her.......but whatever she does or doesn't do is on her and my job is to make sure she don't go around beating her chest when the team wins  Hope to have you up Friday Night, but my guess is you probably WANT us to win our opener....! :thumb:

Kazzoom :o       

I will be at another gym Friday night but yes I do hope you make it out of the first round. The second round is what I am holding out for. The stronghold district four has enjoyed in the past comes to an end if not in the first round positively the second . GOOD LUCK 

And RoCo......I ain't pounding my chest over anything....!  I sit in the stands and watch the brown ball bounce....!  Pretty much sums up my contribution to the events on the floor.  Do I relish watching the kids play?  Heck, yeah.....and I've even been seen standing up and clapping every so often.  Yap at the refs......check.   Get a popcorn.....check.  Hold my ears when the pep band plays...check.  Got kid that plays and I am dang proud of her.......but whatever she does or doesn't do is on her and my job is to make sure she don't go around beating her chest when the team wins  Hope to have you up Friday Night, but my guess is you probably WANT us to win our opener....! :thumb:

Kazzoom :o       

Kazzy, you will have 2 districts, (minus one school on Oak Ridge highway) cheering for you on Friday night. After that its every man for himself, but Friday night were all pulling for your girls. GOOD LUCK from Meigs and Midway. 

• Upvote 1

I think our girls are re-focused for the next task.  I know for a fact one kid is lit up for the opportunity to play the Grace.  It is gonna get loud in that gym tomorrow.....we are going to pack it from what  I understand.  For one game, that is saying something.  GCA fans have the middle section directly across from the scorers table.....welcome and, I'm not mincing words here, we know it will be a ball game.  Sheesh, I will be there as soon as they open the joint....may even have to pitch in and crank up the popcorn machine....!

Kazanity

Anyone want to take a shot at predicting the four games?  I think it is conceivable for there to be a split with 3-A winning 2 and 4-A winning 2.  Guess we'll see.....

Kazanator

I will give it a shot,

Grace vs. Oneida - Oneida by 5

Meigs Co vs. Wartburg - Meigs by 10

Coalfield vs. Harriman - Coalfield by 3

Oakdale vs. Midway – Midway by 8 but don’t count out Mr. Snow and his schemes

I will give it a shot,

Grace vs. Oneida - Oneida by 5

Meigs Co vs. Wartburg - Meigs by 10

Coalfield vs. Harriman - Coalfield by 3

Oakdale vs. Midway – Midway by 8 but don’t count out Mr. Snow and his schemes

No way Harriman loses NO WAY, they might win bigger than anyone. No disrespect but if you haven't played them then no way you can simulate that size in practice. Meaning no way you can prepare. Good luck though but reality comes to 4A friday night. Coalfield has a long ride home Friday night. Harriman -23

Shows how much geography you know.....takes Coalfield about 18 minutes or so to get to Harriman. :rolleyes:  Coalfield is better than you think too.....it will be size versus quickness.  If Harriman plays well they probably have the better line-up.....but if Coalfield gets a little up on them then they start to bicker among themselves.  Harriman can implode, which is usually their downfall.  When they don't like what the coach is saying they go through the whole eye rolling thing.  Saw it last year in both games I saw them play.  Big question is can Coalfield continue to push the pace on the big court and get Harriman tired? 

Kaz

No way Harriman loses NO WAY, they might win bigger than anyone. No disrespect but if you haven't played them then no way you can simulate that size in practice. Meaning no way you can prepare. Good luck though but reality comes to 4A friday night. Coalfield has a long ride home Friday night. Harriman -23

You may be right but if the big two get in foul trouble it could be a tough night. Harriman has lost 9 out of its last 10 Region 1st round games. So that's why I picked Coalfield but who knows they may get this one. Edited by Hopi