Preseason Predictions?

Playerscoach

I think GPS is in a good position for another title great coach and only lost a few Sr's. Baylor is supposed to be up, but that has yet to be seen but its Baylor. Irish always seem to be at the top and again great coaching. Would like to hear some of their thoughts. I don't think AAA has a state contender out of Chatt but East Hamilton will be strong with McMinn striving to prove themselves early in their very tough schedule. Soddy will be more of a factor this season with a few key players being older as well and a coach that recently has impressed me.

In middle TN I know BA graduated some good players but their sophomore class is pretty good and their coach is outstanding and highly though of on the club level. I can see that sophomore class making this a better "soccer" team this year but maybe not do as well as last year?

Don't know much about Ensworth other than the little bit I hear from their headmaster. He said they will be good but I don't know if it's good enough to challenge fortune state?

Father Ryan might be the sleeper. Good coaching and add some good young players from what I've heard. One is a talented 6'"0 center back that has potential.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GPS will come in to the season strong again having lost few seniors. However, the team to watch will most definitely be the Baylor red raiders. Despite the shockingly pitiful results the team had last year they are entering this season with a pre season varsity roster of nearly 25 I believe (word of mouth from parents). The team is adding several new players as well as regaining some key injured players from last season. Definitely have all the tools to compete for a state title. I'm curious about Notre Dame. Every year they seem to go into the season quite confident but I don't hear much after that. What is the Notre Dame team looking like? And how will they stack up against their Knoxville competitors?

Best regards

Briarcrest- why shouldn't they be #1 again?

Baylor (new team, new season, lots of talent)

GPS- it's GPS and a powerhouse

Brentwood Academy- always solid running for state

Father Ryan- good program could do better

Ensworth- slowly but surely moving up

JPII

Harpeth Hall

Edited by whitewater

What about AA?

I know a little about CPA. Good freshman class and a fantastic Jr transfer who plays F and will be paired with UTC (chose them over Furman, Auburn,Belmont and many others) commit Wegner. Lost their coach but replaced her with a good one.

White House has a huge freshman class that is going to be good.

Hume Fogg, MLK, Central Magnet I have no clue.

SM has a couple of players back who missed last year, but might be a rebuilding year. Freshman class has some serious speed. Losing a couple to try to 3peat XC and track girls' state crowns. We'll be OK but with CCS and ND and SM all in one district, someone with a pretty good team will be left behind..

Booger expecting Schermerhorn to do with ND what he has done for the last 13 years; make a solid run to the semis;......though he lost a big veteran Sr. Class after the Finals last year...tough as it will be, still expect him to continue winning the district. region and sectionals.....though Booger will miss being at all those games

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Booger expecting Schermerhorn to do with ND what he has done for the last 13 years; make a solid run to the semis;......though he lost a big veteran Sr. Class after the Finals last year...tough as it will be, still expect him to continue winning the district. region and sectionals.....though Booger will miss being at all those games

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Keep us up to date on ND and what you're hearing in Chatanooga.

• 2 weeks later...