Grundy Co scrimmages Coffee & Bledsoe Co

Birddog

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of truth in that Indian. But this talk about the coach is bs. In 3 years if no improvement, then let the coach bashing begin. No starters returning. Alcoa may make it through that ok, but any valley school is going to regress. 5-5 last year and 1 or 2 starters returning this year.He wins 5 games he coach of year.

when will they make changes?

Thing about Grundy to me, at least is they have always had talent. The jackets had no business running a spread offense with the huge lineman they have always been known for. The administration for the most part always hires local people, which probably weren't the best choices. The last two head men have never been head coaches at the high school level, and they get thrown directly into the fire. Marion county learned after colquitt left that local hires will cripple your program, especially when they aren't ready to be head coaches. I know for a fact that the offensive coordinator from Carson Newman applied for the job twice after he left but was turned down both times. They ran the veer at the time and it would have been a seamless transition and they had a lot of success at the collegiate level at that time. We had two home grown guys, and one from close by that had no buisness leading a storied program such as mc. That's just my point of view.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

• 2 weeks later...

Does Grundy play tonight? And when they do play are they going to play in Tracy City or Altamont? Casey Tate is a great guy who has a big hearrt for Grundy County, however I think Grundy will regret firing Nick Bryant.. Grundy will be lucky to win 5 games in the next 3 years... I'm pulling for Grundy. I like Casey and he did a good job with the middle school program last year. But Friday nights are A LOT different than Thursday nights.. Good luck Grundy on your season.

Thing about Grundy to me, at least is they have always had talent. The jackets had no business running a spread offense with the huge lineman they have always been known for. The administration for the most part always hires local people, which probably weren't the best choices. The last two head men have never been head coaches at the high school level, and they get thrown directly into the fire. Marion county learned after colquitt left that local hires will cripple your program, especially when they aren't ready to be head coaches. I know for a fact that the offensive coordinator from Carson Newman applied for the job twice after he left but was turned down both times. They ran the veer at the time and it would have been a seamless transition and they had a lot of success at the collegiate level at that time. We had two home grown guys, and one from close by that had no buisness leading a storied program such as mc. That's just my point of view.

good post

Does Grundy play tonight? And when they do play are they going to play in Tracy City or Altamont? Casey Tate is a great guy who has a big hearrt for Grundy County, however I think Grundy will regret firing Nick Bryant.. Grundy will be lucky to win 5 games in the next 3 years... I'm pulling for Grundy. I like Casey and he did a good job with the middle school program last year. But Friday nights are A LOT different than Thursday nights.. Good luck Grundy on your season.

Maybe The ex coach could have benefitted from some time coaching on Thursdays. He had NO experience. I dont think anyone is going to regret losing a coach who finished 500 with above average talent. Tate has very few players who have returning experience. The quote in the times today from their opposing coach point of view says it all, last year was the worse Grundy Team he had seen. Who cares where they play? Your attitude is a perfect example of the plague that keeps the mountain down. Edited by jackbacker2