Dan Gable wrestling camp in Tennessee

CHSCOACH

Dan Gable will be coming to Clarksville for a camp in July 2003. The camp will be a day camp at Clarksville High or Rossview July 14-17. Make plans to attened now. If you will be staying in a hotel make reservations now. The National AAU basketball tournament is the same week. The other details of the camp are still in the works. Any questions e-mail at CHSGrapplers@aol.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been arranging it for quite a while and now have comfirmation that Coach Gable will be here.

resume link for Dan Gable

http://www.dangable.com/bio/comp.php3

We are in still working out the other clinicians and will give that info as soon as we get it as well as other pertinent info. Maximum number of wrestlers are being discussed currently and we have started handing out brochures and will as the season goes along. If you would like a brochure to reserve your spot as a wrestler and/or coach please email me at JGannonNVP@hotmail.com and I will mail you a pre-registration form and brochure.

[Edited by jgannonnvp on 11-27-02 1:59P]

Lunch will be provided each day of the camp, July 14-17, 2003. For 2 of the days it will be from Outback Steak House......the other 2 days info will be provided as soon as we have it.

Also we are very close to locking in the other Clinicians, as soon as I get them confirmed I will update this post.

For registration forms, brochures or any other info please email JGannonNVP@hotmail.com<P>[Edited by jgannonnvp on 2-18-03 9:21A]<P><P>[Edited by jgannonnvp on 2-25-03 8:46A]<P>

Edited by jgannonnvp

In addition to Coach Dan Gable, we have added another Clinician, Head Wrestling Coach at Indiana University Duane Goldman.

resume link for Duane Goldman

http://iuhoosiers.com/wrestling/staff/

College Athletics:

wrestled at University of Iowa('83-86)

132-10 career record

4x All-American

4x Big Ten Champion

4x NCAA finalist

NCAA Champion '86

International Experience:

World Team member '87

Pan American Games Gold Medalist '87

Olymipic team alternate '88

College Coaching Experience:

Iowa Graduate Assistant '87-89

Army Asst Coach '90

Indiana Asst Coach '91-92

Indiana Head Coach '92-present

International Coaching Experience:

Martiyny Club de Lutte '88

Cadet World Team, Head Coach

Espoir World Team, Assistant Coach

We will soon be adding at least one or more major college coach(s).. if you need a registration form or have any questions email me at JGannonNVP@hotmail.com .. we will be handing out brochures as we travel.. more updates as we get them. Space will be limited.

[Edited by jgannonnvp on 11-27-02 1:57P]

We have added our 3rd clinician Bill Lam Head Wrestling Coach from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill click the link below to see his resume or look on the University North of Carolina website.

resume link for Bill Lam

http://tarheelblue.ocsn.com/sports/m-wrest...lam_bill00.html

[Edited by jgannonnvp on 11-27-02 11:27A]

[Edited by jgannonnvp on 11-27-02 1:58P]

The Camp will be hosted by Rossview High School Wresting and will be called the 2nd Annual All Results Wrestling Camp, July 14-17. However due to AAU Basketball being in RHS gym, the location will be at Clarksville High Schools gym. Many thanks to Coach Sharrock Cobb and Clarksville High School, my alma mater, for their help. This years camp like last years, is a great opportunity to learn technique from great clinicians, not to mention meeting and being taught by Dan Gable, and get college coaches to look at our wrestlers in Middle Tennessee and hopefully throughout our area.

I wrestled in the first Southern Open in the fall of 1970. Dan Gable, Larry Owens and almost the entire future 1972 Olympic team was in Chattanooga for the tournament. Maclellan Gym was packed for all sessions. It was the Golden Age of Southern Wrestling. This was pre Title Nine so many southeastern collegiate wrestlers were there.

I had the privilege of wrestling a two time NCAA champion. It wasn't close but something to bore my children with now!

A couple of former Chattanooga high school wrestlers did well, Jim Glasser of McCallie and Randy Faires of Red Bank.

Sorry for the reminising.

We have added our 4th Clinician from the Ivy League.. The Universtiy of Pennsylvania Head Asst Wrestling Coach Mike Duroe.

Resume link

http://pennathletics.ocsn.com/sports/m-wre...roe_mike00.html

We have 4 clinicians... Coach Dan Gable-Iowa, Duane Goldman-Indiana, Bill Lam-North Carolina, and Mike Duroe-Penn.

[Edited by jgannonnvp on 12-18-02 10:03A]