Cookeville 2015

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am affraid UH won't make much noise in this new inner county matchup till next year. Looks like UH has 88 playing and 13 seniors. So 65 returning, a loaded Soph and Jr class, and a thus far undefeated jr high team with a couple studs on it. With Vic, Angel, both qb's , and big senior class this year for CHS....UH could even the score next season.

We'll wait till next year to talk about that. But while this is a very talented senior class we've got, it's actually probably the smallest in about 20 years or so. Only 22 seniors this year. Contrast that, the great team we had in 2005 had 37 seniors...

But anyway... See everybody in Baxter Friday night!

Edited by THE SQUAD

We'll wait till next year to talk about that. But while this is a very talented senior class we've got, it's actually probably the smallest in about 20 years or so. Only 22 seniors this year. Contrast that, the great team we had in 2005 had 37 seniors...

But anyway... See everybody in Baxter Friday night!

Be ready to stand up. The U has no visitors seating. Your band will take up over half of it. This game should have been moved to TTU.

Be ready to stand up. The U has no visitors seating. Your band will take up over half of it. This game should have been moved to TTU.

Yeah I hear that Antwan. We were down there for a Freshman game a few ago and filled it up. And I hadn't even factored in the band. Wow...

There was some talk earlier in the week about actually moving it to Tech because of all the rains but I'm sure Coach Herron will fight to keep it at home if possible.

not picking sides on this fight, but might due some good for a few folks to have to stand to watch the game. Pitifull the football facility Putnam County has put up down there in Baxter compared to how nice the HS and Jr HS is. HS built for 1200 students and a seating capacity of maybe 1000????740 kids going to UH, probaly top 1,000 by 2018-2019....and the largest JR hight in the county with that small of a stadium is ridiculous. They built CHS and its sports facilities right, need to put that same effort into this one. Refects bad on the whole county that Upperman is the second largest school in their district, in the most populated county in the district by far, and has the most cramped stadium and field house in the district. I have wondered why they didn't put the stadium around the track they have there?

not picking sides on this fight, but might due some good for a few folks to have to stand to watch the game. Pitifull the football facility Putnam County has put up down there in Baxter compared to how nice the HS and Jr HS is. HS built for 1200 students and a seating capacity of maybe 1000????740 kids going to UH, probaly top 1,000 by 2018-2019....and the largest JR hight in the county with that small of a stadium is ridiculous. They built CHS and its sports facilities right, need to put that same effort into this one. Refects bad on the whole county that Upperman is the second largest school in their district, in the most populated county in the district by far, and has the most cramped stadium and field house in the district. I have wondered why they didn't put the stadium around the track they have there?

I like the layout of all the fields being in the same place. They just need to make the home side the visitors side...and build new home side seating. As for a new field house...SC built their field house and indoor practice facilities with private funds.

I like the layout of all the fields being in the same place. They just need to make the home side the visitors side...and build new home side seating. As for a new field house...SC built their field house and indoor practice facilities with private funds.

private funds do help, but with football just recently becoming a priority there, they might lag behind. I don't know if Putnam supplements sports but with the size of the population and tax base, they should. Most of the top facilities are majority funded through the school like Alcoa and Maryville. Big diffrence in those facilities and Heritage-WB. I know in Blount, county and city schools are seperate. UH shouldn't be one biggest schools in the district, with the most cramped stadiums in the district, and be in the most abudant county tax base wise. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

private funds do help, but with football just recently becoming a priority there, they might lag behind. I don't know if Putnam supplements sports but with the size of the population and tax base, they should. Most of the top facilities are majority funded through the school like Alcoa and Maryville. Big diffrence in those facilities and Heritage-WB. I know in Blount, county and city schools are seperate. UH shouldn't be one biggest schools in the district, with the most cramped stadiums in the district, and be in the most abudant county tax base wise.

I think Alcoa & Maryville have their own city school systems. Heritage & William Blount are Blount County schools. Yeah...I think private funds helped SC to the tune of about 1 mil. That is football facilities only. That's not counting the new baseball & softball fields.

Edited by Antwan

You want to talk about bad.  Look at CHS.  The visitor side is too small.  The lockerroom is poorly

laid out.  The lighting and sound system is awful.   The field sets under the track, which causes poor drainage, and is an injury waiting to happen.  The track needs to be redone.  The freshmen have to move locer rooms depending on where and when someone is playing at CHS.  Talk about needing upgrades.  The largest doesn't mean the best.  Alot of times CHS is last when it comes to support. $$$$$$$   How many times has the Upperman stadium been filled other than the miracle year????

You want to talk about bad. Look at CHS. The visitor side is too small. The lockerroom is poorly

laid out. The lighting and sound system is awful. The field sets under the track, which causes poor drainage, and is an injury waiting to happen. The track needs to be redone. The freshmen have to move locer rooms depending on where and when someone is playing at CHS. Talk about needing upgrades. The largest doesn't mean the best. Alot of times CHS is last when it comes to support. $$$$$$$ How many times has the Upperman stadium been filled other than the miracle year????

Which semi final miricle season, 1996 or 2013? I would say 90% of the time that Herron has been at UH its at 90% filled on game nights. Very hard to even find a seat there. That's not saying much with a capacity of about 1000. I agree, CHS's stadium isn't much compared to other 6a schools. Sounds like Putnam needs to step up and quit relying on just player parents to pay for upgrades. If they would have done them right the first time when the built both schools, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Hopefully when the do Monterey's stadium, it to isn't the laughing stock of 1a. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan