Week 1: Fulton @ Morristown West

Our offensive play calling tonight was horrible. With the quarterback and receivers, not to mention stud running back that we have, 98 yards of offense is inexcusable. Play calling needs to improve if we want to get anywhere.

We'll be fine, West won't see another defense like that all year. Our defense is going to keep us in every game we play and I don't think we'll be held to 98 yards of offense the rest of the year. Honestly, when's the last time Fulton had to play field position with anyone?

We'll be fine, West won't see another defense like that all year. Our defense is going to keep us in every game we play and I don't think we'll be held to 98 yards of offense the rest of the year. Honestly, when's the last time Fulton had to play field position with anyone?

Probably a while. Maybe I'm giving the play calling too much credit, but it was frustrating to have all those chances and go backwards. Question now is how will the kids respond next week?

Having seen Greeneville, Fulton and Catholic all play a game, Im really not sure how we are the top 3 teams in 4a in the state. This may be accurate by the end of the regular season, but i Just dont see it right now...if i had to rank the three I would say Catholic, Fulton and Greeneville...and you know as a GHS fan, it kills me to rank anyone, especially a maroon team ahead of my boys....but, just like early season polls, my opinion means squat, there you go. I DID see alot of heart and no quit in Fulton tonite. There gona lose a game soon, but for now, they have to still be considered the top dog in 4a

Having seen Greeneville, Fulton and Catholic all play a game, Im really not sure how we are the top 3 teams in 4a in the state. This may be accurate by the end of the regular season, but i Just dont see it right now...if i had to rank the three I would say Catholic, Fulton and Greeneville...and you know as a GHS fan, it kills me to rank anyone, especially a maroon team ahead of my boys....but, just like early season polls, my opinion means squat, there you go. I DID see alot of heart and no quit in Fulton tonite. There gona lose a game soon, but for now, they have to still be considered the top dog in 4a

By soon you mean next week obviously.

Both of these teams will be playing at least late into Novemeber. Two very sound defenses, Fulton just got the big play when they needed it, and that was Mobley's long run out of the Wildcat on the TD drive. As stated by a poster earlier, West won't see a defense with that much speed and athleticism the rest of the year. Was very surprised With how much Black put on the freshman QB in his first game. The kid had to have thrown it 20-25 times, great arm but missed his WRs a few times. BTW, heard on the news when I got home Coach Black told reporters the stretcher was a lot precautionary, so maybe and hopefully the injury is not as bad as it seems. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

The current top 3 is pretty accurate, as the season goes on all three teams will be fine. One of these 3 will be in Cookeville playing in December. Opening game nerves I'm sure. Of the three I thought Fulton's defense stood out the most.