Region 2 - 6A Weekly Predictions: Go on the record.

34Defense

LOL...a little of both

1.) I believe if Smyrna wins we go 3 seed which means we play Maryville game 3 or 4. If they survive Cookeville . Maryville is a very sound team fundamentally, but I believe this year if any is best opp for a RuCo team to beat them. They are lacking in the pass defense and I think a team who spreads the ball around could beat them Also they could face 3 teams from RuCo and end the argument about playing mid tenn schedule would make no difference. I think playing them after Cookeville and Smyrna would be to our advantage .

2.) I believe we are playing better ball now than we have all season and would like a re-match with Oakland again. I think we have enough in the hopper to play a much better game than the first meeting and could pull the upset .

1.) If Smyrna wins, Oakland would actually get bumped to 3rd because you have a 3-way tiebreaker. Think it would get all the way to the 4th tiebreaker before the seeding is settled

2.) Wouldn't consider Blackman beating Oakland an upset

1.) If Smyrna wins, Oakland would actually get bumped to 3rd because you have a 3-way tiebreaker. Think it would get all the way to the 4th tiebreaker before the seeding is settled

2.) Wouldn't consider Blackman beating Oakland an upset

Just based off polls.. most folks feel like Oakland is a better team and on some days it could  the case. I personally think it is any given day one could beat the other but it would mean one team or the other has to knock Maryville out. I think a Maryville team that is banged up a little gives us all a better chance. 

Just based off polls.. most folks feel like Oakland is a better team and on some days it could  the case. I personally think it is any given day one could beat the other but it would mean one team or the other has to knock Maryville out. I think a Maryville team that is banged up a little gives us all a better chance. 

I would not count on that. After seeing Maryville up close, I don't see a team that would not still be a 10 point underdog to Maryville. Not saying they can't be beaten, but it would be quite the game to see.

I would not count on that. After seeing Maryville up close, I don't see a team that would not still be a 10 point underdog to Maryville. Not saying they can't be beaten, but it would be quite the game to see

I have watched ton of football both in person and hours upon hours of HUDL video this year and Maryville is the most disciplined and fundamentally strong football team in the east. I think the football teams in Middle Tennessee are a tad more physical than most they have played and am interested in seeing how this all shakes out. I think this is RuCo year to bring the ball back to Middle tennesee. 

I have watched ton of football both in person and hours upon hours of HUDL video this year and Maryville is the most disciplined and fundamentally strong football team in the east. I think the football teams in Middle Tennessee are a tad more physical than most they have played and am interested in seeing how this all shakes out. I think this is RuCo year to bring the ball back to Middle tennesee. 

I like ur thoughts on this and pray ur right! Go RCHS's in the playoffs!

More power to ya. I wish I thought the same way

I think the key this year, verses years past is that Maryville may have to play 3 of us instead of just one.   Like the bowl games verses the SEC.  One game is one game, but playing a few in a row is much different.  However as old Ric Flair has said, to be the man you have to beat the man, and Maryville is the man.

Guess we will go ahead and roll with these 8 since 34 is awol.

Oakland 28 Smyrna 14

Blackman 56 Warren Co. 7

Siegel 42 Coffee Co. 24

Cookeville 35 Riverdale 23

Whitehaven 28 Cordova 20

Beech 24 Hillsboro 21

Marshall Co. 35 Page 31

Henry Co. 21 Centennial 17

Oakland 38  Smyrna 13

Blackman 48  Warren Co. 7

Siegel 42  Coffee Co. 13

Riverdale 28  Cookeville 21