DeKalb County at Stone Memorial

DCTIGERFAN

White County only beat Monterey 14-7 so I'm not so sure White County is on the same level as Stone Memorial. What else does Stone have other than this stud RB? Can Dekalb put 9 in the box and have Jennings win it for them on offense?

1a last year was dreadfully weak. That's not to take away from Monterey. They won the games to get to the semis. For a 4a team to only beat them by 7 does not bode well for WC. I do think Stone is pretty good. It will be a tough game for DC.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the coaching staff does a great job with the kids that Stone/Cumberland County have. I remember back in '02, they had a decent team, but other than that I can't remember any great teams from Cumberland County. Back in the early to mid 80's we used to beat up on them pretty good.. with that being said I've gotta go DC 35-21.

I agree that the coaching staff does a great job with the kids that Stone/Cumberland County have. I remember back in '02, they had a decent team, but other than that I can't remember any great teams from Cumberland County. Back in the early to mid 80's we used to beat up on them pretty good.. with that being said I've gotta go DC 35-21.

CC hasn't had a decent team since 03. They went 5-5 that year. In 02 they had a pretty good team in going 8-3 and making the playoffs.

Simple game plan for each.......Stone stopping Jennings, DC stopping the 240 pound down hill runner. Who ever is more effective at stopping the others main man...wins. Now if DC could jump up early and foce Stone into passing situations, that would be very good. DC doesn't want to get into a grind it out toe to toe battle with Stone.

Simple game plan for each.......Stone stopping Jennings, DC stopping the 240 pound down hill runner. Who ever is more effective at stopping the others main man...wins. Now if DC could jump up early and foce Stone into passing situations, that would be very good. DC doesn't want to get into a grind it out toe to toe battle with Stone.

Not sure the stop the 240 lb down hill runner is the ticket. You might need to worry about the 170 lb speedy that torched YI. The big Bach did very little the two smaller backs had a hay day.