LA at Cookeville

If Cookeville wins, well they are suppose to. They are 6A. They have all these kids to pick from. If LA wins, it's an upset. No way a 4a team should win.. Either way I'm a HOG-EYE fan and hoping for the upset!! Nobody likes them snobs from Cookeville anyway... :)

Are you calling Uncle Jimmy a snob? lol

If Cookeville wins, well they are suppose to. They are 6A. They have all these kids to pick from. If LA wins, it's an upset. No way a 4a team should win.. Either way I'm a HOG-EYE fan and hoping for the upset!! Nobody likes them snobs from Cookeville anyway... :)

could not agree with you more. There is a snob factor in Cookeville high sports, even though Maynord has tried to change it. I don't know if you will ever gets that out of the sports there.

in due time, looked to me like they already had some concrete being poured on the home side for bleacher expansion. I am sure as the draw in big crowds, more stadium improvements will follow. I know their fans were talking about new weight room equipment and lockers recently added to the field house. Biggest improvement is having the weight lifting trainer in place, its shown these last few years. Anyone who has followed Upperman can see the diffrence between the 2001-2010 era and 2011-2015 era unless you have blinders on.

Exactly, the improvement in the program is very evident. If you can't see it forget about the blinders you are just dumb.

Now, now Big Daddy, don't give our CHS friends too much grief (but I do love the spirit). They have a good ball team this year. Even though they only met in a jamboree game last year I think the CHS faithful would let you know that every once in a while even a blind sow will find an acorn. I thought little ole LA did very well against one of the bigger schools and football programs in the state last year, starters against starters. And the Upperman folks will probably all agree that jamboree games only give you an idea when you look at starters versus starters, thinking about this year. Now my hat goes off to CAK last week as they thumped LA and held us scoreless until they called off the dogs. I expect a good game atmosphere in Cookeville and I just pray both teams stay healthy and improve going forward.

Exactly, the improvement in the program is very evident. If you can't see it forget about the blinders you are just dumb.

Who said the program hasn't improved? Certainly not me. My point was with facilities. That would come from the administration and or boosters. I don't see any improvements there. If they have new lockers...or new weights...I can't see that. The program has improved...in my opinion...by one person. That is Herron. I am sure he has had help...but the credit starts with the head coach. Much of the same at DeKalb with Trapp. I doubt either has been overwhelmed with financial support. It takes quite a bit of winning to get to that level.

Edited by Antwan

Now, now Big Daddy, don't give our CHS friends too much grief (but I do love the spirit). They have a good ball team this year. Even though they only met in a jamboree game last year I think the CHS faithful would let you know that every once in a while even a blind sow will find an acorn. I thought little ole LA did very well against one of the bigger schools and football programs in the state last year, starters against starters. And the Upperman folks will probably all agree that jamboree games only give you an idea when you look at starters versus starters, thinking about this year. Now my hat goes off to CAK last week as they thumped LA and held us scoreless until they called off the dogs. I expect a good game atmosphere in Cookeville and I just pray both teams stay healthy and improve going forward.

Yeah I probably should apologize as know one or two them folks, but I can't bring myself to it. :)

As for the game and this year vs CHS, LA probably has little chance of winning and my reasoning is that coaching is weaker, o and d lines are not near as good, and less skill players than CHS's last opponent. The game should probably be cancelled and let both squads move on to week 3 opponents. Just one poster's most honest, humble opinion..

GO HOG-EYE!

What exactly has the U done to put football as a priority...as you put it?

Wildcat head coach Scott Hughes

“I guess you could say it’s a rivalry,†Hughes said. “Upperman’s got nearly 100 kids on their roster and it’s really hard to be a rival with a 3A school.

“Coach (Ben) Herron has a large staff and they do a tremendous job. You look at his body of work and what he’s accomplished at Upperman and it’s just tremendous. You watch them on film and they are just talented at every position, they’re fundamentally sound. It’s just a huge task for us this week.â€

Upperman won last year’s contest 34-0, piling on 500 yards of total offense, while Monterey — who went on to the Class 1A state semifinals — was held to 111.