The Clash of the Champions- Union City travels to Peabody

BigSwo

I agree 100%, I have always loved the option heavy/veer type offenses, I enjoy watching the military academies play because of that. AND although I am a VOL fan all the way, I love watching Georgia Tech run the option with the type of athletes they are able to recruit, I have them winning the ACC this year!

VOL4LIFE fan here also but I love that triple option they have ran at GT for decades now...it is one of the most and last unique rushing offenses left in the NCAAF FBS!

ucdiditagain I have been wanting to see a complete break down on the stats from the game. Thanks for posting that. Like you I believe we will see Peabody again. Maybe next time we can eliminate some of those mistakes that got us down by two scores in the first quarter. You know , I was never worried about that. I knew that our boys would respond and pull off the win. I could tell by the way we were blowing the defense off the ball on our first offensive series that we would get it together and win that game.

Interesting for you football fans out there...Stats showing how Union City basically controlled the high powered Trenton P-body.  Even spotting Trenton to a 14 - 0 lead in the first 5 minutes into the game.  U C 19 first down, Trenton 11. U C total offence  550 yards, trenton  271.  U C zero punts, Trenton 4, time of possession, U C over 32 minutes in a 48 minute game.  Trenton did have just over 100 yards passing, U C less than 10 yards.  Penalties, U C with 9 ( 64 ), Trenton 4 ( 40 ) .  U C... 2 turnovers, Trenton 1.  It would not made ANY difference with Malone in the first half of the game.  UC sacked him least 4 times n the second half which he only played in.  Malone can't bat a good team like Union City, Dresden or NCS by himself.  Trenton is a really good team but if you play smash mouth football like U C does against them, you will wear them down.  I'm sure they will meet again.  Final, U C 49, Trenton 35.

uc don't forget we had 2 touchdowns called back and another 65 yard run that was fumbled out of bounds at the 5yard line and was awarded to Trenton. If you look at everything we actually beat them worse than last year.