Covington vs. Bolivar

JoeBlow777

Bolivar has started out pretty nice so far. I know they haven't played much of anybody, but 2-0 is 2-0. Look forward to watching them against Covington this coming week. Anybody have any information on Covington? Record says they are 1-1 with a loss to Munford and a win against Melrose. Score of the Munford game was close, so that should have been a good game. Kind of surprised to see that Covington beat Melrose. Must have a pretty good team. 

Covington is young on offense. 6 sophomore linemen and 1 Sr. They also start a freshmen QB which happens to be my son. Our defense has some underclassmen and has played well. We had 497 yds rushing last night vs Melrose. TJ Smith a Jr. Had 36 carries for 357 and 5 tds. We don't know if we are any good yet or not. Our kids are well conditioned and well coached. We should be 2-0 but lost in 2 ots to munford. I saw your film today and was impressed. We hope We can keep it close til the 4Th.

I'm not really a fan of bolivar, just follow a bunch of local teams from around the area. Used to get up to Covington and watch a bunch of those game a couple of years ago when they went undefeated. Honestly, from what I heard I think Covington will win pretty handily. Should have the better athletes on the field. If it's true that Covington is that young....watch out in the next few years. I've seen a team coached by Marty wheeler that had a bunch of seniors...that team went 14-1 and lost in the finals.

Definitely true on the youth. We are excited about the future but realize we could be a year or 2 away from being "good". I like our team though. The seniors we have won 3 games last year. They have a chip on their shoulder and want to turn it around. Big win vs Melrose as most picked them to win our region. Next up Bolivar which is 2-0. We will see.