Montgomery Central @ Clarksville Academy

IndianNation73

Central travels across the river to take on what may be their biggest rivalry this season in Clarksville Academy. This rivalry has become known as the "Battle of the River", as Central is on the Southside of the Cumberland River, and CA is on the Northside. This Rivalry has a CA leading the series, but Central currently holding the trophy (yes there is an actual trophy), after a 14-13 win last season.

Central is coming off a big win in their first divisional game, and the best start to a football season in the last 17 years. They are sitting high on the hog right now, which is something that they are not accustomed to.(3-0)

CA is struggling to find their momentum right now, they have fallen to 1-2 after making it several rounds deep in the playoffs last season. However, they do have two starters returning to action this week, which could help swing favor in their direction.

If Central comes to play I feel like this will fall in the win column, they have a stronger defense, and their offense is moving the ball pretty well at the moment. They have the size advantage up front as well.

Central has the better team athletically, but I know Coach Hood (former Central OC) at CA will be more than prepared for this matchup. This rivalry has always been an exciting game to watch, and I am looking forward to it this week. What about you guys?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Eubanks and the boys will be ready.  
    • Just think it could be West, Alcoa, plus one more. Could doesn’t mean it will 
    • It’s a small town and they are in the same school system. People talk and can pull up records on their personal devices. 
    • Sorry Barn. I wasn’t specific enough. It seems I’m always protecting the principal at 825. My interactions with her have been extremely positive, but very limited. With all the other stories being told, I’m confident there are other sides I am not aware of. Regardless, there are lots of decent people earning good checks up there. Maybe too good, which explains why no one is willing to speak up. My beef is with the poor communication among the athletic programs and with the administration. Seven years ago the poor communication led to my son missing graduation due to a sporting event that was planned months before. I chalked it up to the system being totally shocked that the baseball team made it out of their district, and our then AD was a football coach. Maybe they were surprised and did not plan appropriately. That was more palatable than they just didn’t give a crap. Déjà vu, seven years later, same thing. Different administration, but same result.  Maybe in seven more years, it will actually be “about the kids”. They should do better.