AP Top 10 1A Sept 8

Southtowner

After watching Huntingdon already this season a half and then seeing Dresden for a half and then the entire U C game last week vs. Trenton, as I have been traveling around the state with work and then able to see some west Tennessee football games, I have to put Huntingdon and Dresden ahead of Trenton simply because they are undefeated.  Any team is beatable.  Since both Dresden and Huntingdon are in the zero loss columns, Trenton should have fallen to at least #6.  Don't get me wrong, the are a very, very good football team.  One thing they have a problem with is discipline ( Trenton that is ).  This will more than likely be the downfall of this team.  When you have already had at least 4 to 5 players suspended for some unknown reason starters or not on a team, this will haunt you.  Union City just took care of business as normal against Trenton and the stats I posted on the U C vs. Trenton thread shows that. .  NCS is tough, REAL tough but only one team in the rankings owns them, Union City.  Beat them at their place in 2013 and at U C place last year.  One thing Union City has that no other team has in Class A and for that matter a couple hand full of teams state wide, a Very GOOD/GREAT coach.  Coach Woods is gone from Trenton, he brought a lot to the table.  Coach Bowling brings tons to the table with 3 rings on his finger is 7 years.   .  So, the pole should say Trenton 2-1.  Mistakes are easy in print to make.  This early in the season, Trenton has time to climb back up in a easy way so I feel they should have dropped a few.  Until they beat Dresden, a Huntingdon or a NCS, the can't really say much.  And for Milan, yes, Trenton beat them but Milan is not Milan anymore.  Their program has fallen somewhat.

Did some research and found that there is just 11 teams left in 1A who are undeafted...

1-Union City (3-0) (Reg. 7)

2-Nashville Christian (3-0) (Reg. 5)

3-Dresden (3-0) (Reg. 7)

5-Coalfield (3-0) (Reg. 2)

7-Wayne County (3-0) (Reg. 6)

NR-Houston County (3-0) (Reg. 6)

NR-Bruceton (3-0) (Reg. 6)

NR-Jo Byrns (3-0) (Reg. 5)

NR-KIPP-Mephis (3-0) (Reg. 8)

6-Huntingdon (2-0) (Reg. 6)

NR-Jelico (2-0) (Reg. 2)

KIPP is 4-0 actually. They played two games Week 1.