District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

Listen, Both Guffey and Shepperson are very good players.

VictoryFormation talked about Guffey getting denied 25 ft from the basket. That is one player guarding him. Shepperson is very talented, especially for his size, but for the most part is played straight up. Blevins faces at least a double team EVERY time he touches the ball.

I am not trying to diminish either player, but Guffey had two respectable games, but neither were eye opening against York and they're so called "mediocre" perimeter players. Shepperson had one average game and one stellar game against York but was never doubled (maybe in hindsight we should have in the one last week!).

Just feel like Blevins has much more resistance in every game to face than the other two do, and it's not even close imo.

Hope King's injury isn't serious. He is a very good player.

So because he is 6-8 he shouldn't be MVP? Honestly thought Eldridge should have won it last year, this year it's a no brainer for Blevins in my opinion.

Leads the district in scoring and probably rebounding even with all the attention he gets defensively. Probably in top 2, if not leading in blocked shots. Pretty easy decision really.

Listen, Both Guffey and Shepperson are very good players.

VictoryFormation talked about Guffey getting denied 25 ft from the basket. That is one player guarding him. Shepperson is very talented, especially for his size, but for the most part is played straight up. Blevins faces at least a double team EVERY time he touches the ball.

I am not trying to diminish either player, but Guffey had two respectable games, but neither were eye opening against York and they're so called "mediocre" perimeter players. Shepperson had one average game and one stellar game against York but was never doubled (maybe in hindsight we should have in the one last week!).

Just feel like Blevins has much more resistance in every game to face than the other two do, and it's not even close imo.

Hope King's injury isn't serious. He is a very good player.

If I were a coach, and someone wanted to front one of my players all over the floor, I wouldn't care if that player scored at all.  I'd play 4on4 all day, especially if the rest of the D was packed in on my post.  UHS has enough spot up shooters that they can sacrifice a "respectable" game for Guffey and still get a win.  And that's the point, even if he's not getting the numbers, he's still helping his team win.

Not sure who said YAI's perimeter player were mediocre, is this your opinion or someone else's?

As for the double teams, pretty much all teams are coached that when the ball goes to the post, the D collapses, whether man or zone.  So effectively, most all post players are "doubled" or at least see help side defense.  Endicott was tripled (high/low/baseline) for the most part tonight and as a result didn't have his best game.  But, Guffey was able to make this an ineffective strategy with his scoring ability.  Not sure how many steals/caused turnovers he had on the defensive end as well.