District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

It is ridiculous to think that all you gotta do to play at Tech is be tall and from the Upper Cumberland LOL....He finishes more toward the rim because he cannot play on the perimeter. One could argue that Blevins would finish more around the rim if he played in there more, which he probably should BUT that is another debate for another day. In order for Endicott to even be considered, and yeah I said CONSIDERED, to be a prospect for Tech he would have to improve his strength with the ball, his shooting from 15' out, and his ball handling would have to improve TREMENDOUSLY! And that is just to be considered in my opinion. That isn't to say that he can't play somewhere at the college level, but not D1...not at this point.

Maybe he doesn't play on the perimeter because he realizes he's 6'8 and utilizes his size by staying around the rim. I don't know why you think a post player MUST be able to step out on the perimeter to even be considered to go to a D1 school. Call me old school but a post player plays around the rim, not shooting fadeaway jumpers from the elbow. I wouldn't take either one of them first in a "fantasy" draft because they don't do well with adversity and don't really play to the most of their size and ability IMO, not saying they aren't great players but I would take Shepperson that is just my opinion and none of it matters honestly.

Congrats to smith and upperman, upperman looks hard to beat right now. District tourney will be fun to watch!

coy is worsley no doubt. Zero athletic talent and 6 district wins 16 total wins. this is the same magnet school we all picked dead last and zero wins.

Its easy to win with athletes.

No way. Sanders is hands down the coach of the year. He took an SC team that hasn't been relevant in over 25 years to a tie for regular season championship. He was a jr. high coach a couple of years ago. He has developed the talent SC has. Absolutely nobody thought SC was a contender this year. SC has not won a regular season title since 90-91. They were lucky to win 5 games a year...much less go 11-3 in the district.

No way. Sanders is hands down the coach of the year. He took an SC team that hasn't been relevant in over 25 years to a tie for regular season championship. He was a jr. high coach a couple of years ago. He has developed the talent SC has. Absolutely nobody thought SC was a contender this year. SC has not won a regular season title since 90-91. They were lucky to win 5 games a year...much less go 11-3 in the district.

I am not taking anything away from Smith. Awesome year and very happy for the kids and the program. Last year I knew this was going to be the team to beat. The work they put into this was superior. To be on top of this District is a great accomplishment. This district has to be near the top in the state.

All I am saying is Central has never been relevant! Never finished out of the gutter! Only 1 district win in its history coming last year (Worsleys first yr). This year they finished 6th with no athletic ability and limited basketball IQ. I and everyone else had this team finishing 0-14. They had some bad losses to teams that shot the lights out. They also took Smith to the wire at home. Lost to Livingston by 1 pt at home and really should have swept York last night. They lost the 3rd quarter 25-4. The rest of the game Central handled or played even. No go to shooters/athletes!

I am not taking anything away from Smith. Awesome year and very happy for the kids and the program. Last year I knew this was going to be the team to beat. The work they put into this was superior. To be on top of this District is a great accomplishment. This district has to be near the top in the state.

All I am saying is Central has never been relevant! Never finished out of the gutter! Only 1 district win in its history coming last year (Worsleys first yr). This year they finished 6th with no athletic ability and limited basketball IQ. I and everyone else had this team finishing 0-14. They had some bad losses to teams that shot the lights out. They also took Smith to the wire at home. Lost to Livingston by 1 pt at home and really should have swept York last night. They lost the 3rd quarter 25-4. The rest of the game Central handled or played even. No go to shooters/athletes!

And I'm not taking anything away from Magnet. They are much improved. By your logic...Sanders should have been COY last year also. They made the regional after being at the bottom the previous year. Finishing 6th does not warrant COY...even though he has done a great job. Going from 5-9 to 11-3 & a co-championship does. JMO of course. Edited by Antwan

I am not taking anything away from Smith. Awesome year and very happy for the kids and the program. Last year I knew this was going to be the team to beat. The work they put into this was superior. To be on top of this District is a great accomplishment. This district has to be near the top in the state.

Illin, I am with you! Central has never done anything and Worsely has that team competing against and beating teams they have no business beating or competing with, based on player to player matchups. Central winning 16 games this year is like the Philadelphia 76ers making the playoffs this year. Take your black and gold blinders off! Worsely should be CoY! He won't get it. But he should be!

Let the fun begin! Who do have winning each round?

1. Upperman

4. Livingston vs. 5. York

2. Smith vs. 7. DeKalb or 8. Cannon

3. Macon vs. Central

Going to be fun!

Upperman

Livingston to beat York

Cannon to beat dekalb

Smith to beat cannon

Macon to beat central

Upperman to beat Livingston

Smith to beat Macon