William Blount Governors @ Bearden Bulldogs

Governm

Been away for 4 days, and what do ya know, Bearden didn't win this game.  William Blount gave it to them.  Didn't see that excuse coming...

No excuses, the kids played well but made some mistakes and  it ultimately cost them the game. If you won every game you were supposed to then there would be no sense in showing up to play. Ever hear of David and Goliath? William Blount has something to be excited about, winning takes place on the field, in the stands and in the home and classroom, but to understand that you would first have to be a winner yourself. Better luck next time. 

Edited by Blaze45

I wouldn't say we played well. We turned the ball over 3 times, had a drive stall out inside the 10 because of a penalty, and got a long play that got us inside the 20 called back by a holding penalty. All of this happened in the 2nd half. We scored 28 in the 1st half but only scored 6 in the 2nd half. That won't get it done.

I wouldn't say we played well. We turned the ball over 3 times, had a drive stall out inside the 10 because of a penalty, and got a long play that got us inside the 20 called back by a holding penalty. All of this happened in the 2nd half. We scored 28 in the 1st half but only scored 6 in the 2nd half. That won't get it done.

Penalties, turnovers are whatI consider mistakes, Scoring 28 pts in the first half is a good effort, and shows the ability to move the ball effectively  Defensive pursuit, swarming the ball and being aggressive seems to be more in line with what you guys need to work on. That being just what I have seen from film. I firmly believe that Shad will have the program in good shape soon. He took Smyrna and Turned it around, he took Blackman and turned it around and I believe he will do the same for WB. It is not an overnight process, but you gotta be excited about the fundemental changes. It all starts with a strong foundation.