Wayne County @ Bruceton

wildcat89

Love keeping up with you guys in the west. From reading posts it looks like the biggest games in 1a are coming up with the likes of Dresden Wayne county Union and Huntington. Can't wait to see the outcomes. After talking to buddies from Jo byrns, I have come to the conclusion that the champ should be decided between you guys. Ncs is a very talented team but from the talk I had they play wild and are very undisciplined. They had 11 unsportsmanlike penalties during the game and many that weren't called. Refs stopped throwing the flags when game got out of hand. Ncs loves grabbing under the helmet and ripping it off the head and much chatter after every play. Talent usually doesn't prevail over a well coached football team. Good luck to all of you this season and let's make sure a public takes the crown. I look at rosters as I have a young one on the team at Tc. Trying to scope up and comers for the 3years after this. I saw where it was posted Huntington is a very young team. I might consider 15 seniors a young team for 6a but for 1a it's called losing half to one third of your roster. Sounds more like rebuilding after this year to me. Maybe a lot of them don't play I wouldn't know but the roster on your website doesn't lie. Not stirring things up just calling it like I see it. Stay healthy to all and beat Ncs in playoffs[/quote

WC has 11 seniors, only like 6 sophomores and big groups of juniors and freshman. I too have a young one playing do I'm sure we will bump into each other over the next few years. I think WC has 18 freshman on this years team. As for ncs playing dirty, well that just don't fly too well with WC, the tougher they want to play the better! WC beat ncs down in a jamboree last year then had a ton of injuries and got put out by them in the playoffs, hope to see them again this year!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love keeping up with you guys in the west. From reading posts it looks like the biggest games in 1a are coming up with the likes of Dresden Wayne county Union and Huntington. Can't wait to see the outcomes. After talking to buddies from Jo byrns, I have come to the conclusion that the champ should be decided between you guys. Ncs is a very talented team but from the talk I had they play wild and are very undisciplined. They had 11 unsportsmanlike penalties during the game and many that weren't called. Refs stopped throwing the flags when game got out of hand. Ncs loves grabbing under the helmet and ripping it off the head and much chatter after every play. Talent usually doesn't prevail over a well coached football team. Good luck to all of you this season and let's make sure a public takes the crown. I look at rosters as I have a young one on the team at Tc. Trying to scope up and comers for the 3years after this. I saw where it was posted Huntington is a very young team. I might consider 15 seniors a young team for 6a but for 1a it's called losing half to one third of your roster. Sounds more like rebuilding after this year to me. Maybe a lot of them don't play I wouldn't know but the roster on your website doesn't lie. Not stirring things up just calling it like I see it. Stay healthy to all and beat Ncs in playoffs

Yeah as 89 said we have quite a few who will graduate, I count 13 SRs who will graduate but only 6 are starters. When you have a roster of 55-60 kids It sure helps!.

Now next season we will have 18 kids who will be Seniors! Currently 13 or 14 of those kids start so we will be bringing it for sure this yr and next!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Had that happen at Stewart County a few years back..then after the game one of their young coaches tried to fight one of out moms for telling him about it!.

I wish i could go watch the WC Huntington game.I was there in 2011 WC man handled them no matter what the score said WC dominated that game. I will say this Huntingdons team this year would beat that 2011 and the 2012 Huntingdon teams. They are bigger and faster more diverse . They are also very young...

gettin way ahead of yourself there. This Huntingdon team may be a little bigger than the 2011 and 2012 teams but they don't have close to the same speed that 2011 team had that got beat in a great game by a great WC team. and that 2011 team had 3 mr football finalists on the team, I don't see that in this team

gettin way ahead of yourself there. This Huntingdon team may be a little bigger than the 2011 and 2012 teams but they don't have close to the same speed that 2011 team had that got beat in a great game by a great WC team. and that 2011 team had 3 mr football finalists on the team, I don't see that in this team

In that 2011 WC vs Huntingdon game you could take a few good plays away from WC and a few bad plays away from Huntingdon and the score would have been flip flopped, that was one of the most evenly matched game by two great teams that I have ever watched! Won't ever forget that night! I have said all along that game was for the gold ball

In that 2011 WC vs Huntingdon game you could take a few good plays away from WC and a few bad plays away from Huntingdon and the score would have been flip flopped, that was one of the most evenly matched game by two great teams that I have ever watched! Won't ever forget that night! I have said all along that game was for the gold ball

you are absolutely right. I don't think either team played their best that night and it was still a great ball game!

Come on man. Give our guys a little more credit than that. WE were the better team. WE had the good plays. WE outplayed them. THEY had the bad plays. THEY folded. Heck they even had the breaks (a magical clock that didn't run while they had the ball cough cough).

Our attitudes on the T have gotten so soft. Everybody wants to kiss everybody's butt.

Come on man. Give our guys a little more credit than that. WE were the better team. WE had the good plays. WE outplayed them. THEY had the bad plays. THEY folded. Heck they even had the breaks (a magical clock that didn't run while they had the ball cough cough).

Our attitudes on the T have gotten so soft. Everybody wants to kiss everybody's butt.

I'll give credit when credit is due, they had a good football team that year, obviously WC was better cause we won but they we're good