Fayetteville's Tigers go to Columbia Academy

Varo

Decent post... We have to remember we have just finished week 3 of Region play, still a lot of football to go... I just like you thought this Region not strong, and in some ways still is, but the top 5 will finish strong by playoff time.

mTp will likely finish 6-2 Region and 7-3 overall. With two of those losses coming from arguably 2 Top 5 teams in WC and CA.

CA is fundamentally sound. MP had just as good talent/athletes, more speed but just flat out got outplayed fundamentally. CA had better play execution, those players have it upstairs, and I'm not meaning God, rather CA is mentally focused, mentally understanding what they need to do to play to the best of their abilities. That along with a few talented weapons in Garrison and Thompson makes the Bulldogs a tough team to beat.

By the end of the year this Region will be represented pretty well in the playoffs I bet.

I agree, I should have said I was disappointed in the strength of some of the teams up to this point. There are plenty of games for some teams to rise to the top. As far as Mt. Pleasant I was a little shocked they lost to Fayetteville.

From rumors I have heard Huntland has had several injuries this year that may have totally effected their team and chemistry on the field.

Mt. Pleasant has some very good athletes on their team and should finish #2 or 3 (all will depend on how Moore Co. and Fayetteville finish out)

Fayetteville has some good looking talent, but they seem to rely too much on the BIG play and not grinding for an entire game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OldMain has it right... Region 4 will play all East teams and since the preseason I had them in the Semi's playing and with Coalfields QB going to miss the forseable future they may very well punch their ticket to the State Championship. Besides Coalfield, S.Pitt and their own Region teams they are looking at playing teams like Cloudland, Oneida, Greenback and Harriman. Now im not dogging the East but actually CA should now be considered by far the favorite with the Coalfield injury and even with it they are a top 2 east team.

Meanwhile in the West...Pick your poison!!

Region 5 will face off with our Region (6) the first 3 rounds..

Wayne County

Huntingdon

Houston Co. vs

Nashville Christian

Jo Byrns

Trousdale Co.

AND then we get the winner of 7 & 8 which will certainly be one of these 3...

Union City

Dresden

Peabody

Ouch! The West is tough

WC'89, you are more than welcome to come and hang with us! I will warn you, we get a little loud and rowdy when the Tigers are playing--ringing cowbells and air horns. Wayne county and us go back a couple of years, since we started playing a varsity schedule. It's a decent drive, but we were always treated very well. We made a game of it when we played, just couldn't pull off that upset! Here's hoping tomorrow CA will be the ones upset. Either way, we keep our heads high and stay healthy, and keep working to finish the region.

Thanks for the hospitality. You guys have done a great job for only having a team for a few years, got our respect your first year. Very nice fans and a beautiful facility. Hope we can get each other back on the schedule if it is a non-region game or not. Good luck, y'all can win this game if you hit them in the mouth early and don't let up! Edited by wildcat89

I've heard they have a bunch of athletes, but I'm hoping we start fast out of the gate and can hang on to the end.  I'm worried that if it's a slugfest, they'll just wear us down.  We only have around 30 on the roster and will have to outlast them with better conditioning.  Maybe they're overlooking our poor little team, but good teams don't overlook any opponent.  If it comes down to special teams, we may have an edge.  I don't know if they've put up a lot of points and then coasted for the win with their reserves.  That might keep us in the game.  I know they went to double OT with FRA, a common opponent this year, and lost b/c they went for the win.  We have been able to put points on the board, including FRA's starters. This one will be a good game if we keep up our end of the deal, but hey "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".  We're hoping to take a bunch of students, and we usually travel well, so that might help out a little also.  Can't wait 'til Friday though!  Go Tigers!

Fayetteville has had a good year to this point, but after going 2-8 last year are you guy's really ready to face and hang with a legit powerhouse ranked #8 in the state. I believe Fayetteville has some good talent, but don't get too excited just because you have beaten a couple of teams (Huntland and Cascade) who are having surprisingly down years. I will be able to form more of an opinion after I watch this game, but I still think C.A. by as much as they want. They will look to show FHS what a real program looks like!   :hungry:  :popcorneater:  :hungry:

Fayetteville has had a good year to this point, but after going 2-8 last year are you guy's really ready to face and hang with a legit powerhouse ranked #8 in the state. I believe Fayetteville has some good talent, but don't get too excited just because you have beaten a couple of teams (Huntland and Cascade) who are having surprisingly down years. I will be able to form more of an opinion after I watch this game, but I still think C.A. by as much as they want. They will look to show FHS what a real program looks like!   :hungry:  :popcorneater:  :hungry:

Mein Gott!  Of course I believe we can hang!  I also believed in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus, but the reality is that we can play with anybody.  Can we beat #8 ranked CA?  Sure we can, we have the weapons.  Will we?  That's the better question. 

You've had some very insightful posts on this thread, and I agree with you to a certain extent. Realistically, we can hope to play for second in the region, and that by winning out.  Staying healthy after tonight, keeping our confidence win or lose, and beating that whiskey school in Lynchburg next week will certainly go a long way to get us to the next round.  After that, who knows what high ranked team we will meet?  Certainly no team that's having a down year like 2A Cascade or Huntland, but every game and success builds like a snowball.  The longer the season goes the more the chemistry builds and the successes and confidence builds--within the players and the coaches, and the fans. The Orange and Black inside tells me we can, we might, we could win.  But we won't know until around 9 pm tonight whether or not we do.

Off topic:  I'm assuming you're kinda new to the T (posting-wise) like me.  What school do you follow the most? 

LOL! Well I'm glad I didn't say anything bad about them!  If we ever have a true rival in this region, I would say the baby blue would be it.  Them or Huntland, although come basketball season, things might change.  It's been a feisty couple of years on the court between our boys and girls basketball teams, especially when we visit you.  Did you go to the FHS/MC game last year in F'ville?  That one was exciting.  Don't think your coach or school superintendent will get kicked out of this one like last year, but emotions run high so who knows?  I'm looking forward to our game next week, but first things first. . .