Poor Polk

Tko8

Long time listener first time caller!

I'm from meigs co but have family in the polk area and used to follow the team until work took me out of state. Just curious what has happened to the Benton boys? I was looking back thru the past seasons records and noticed counting the '13 playoff loss the wildcats have lost 16 straight leading up to last Friday's home loss to Bledsoe. 0-16 is a tough pill to swallow given there past success, I'm sure the polk faithful will say this is another bad year but do any of you suspect the school board and administration are getting a little antsy? I know back in 1999 one 0-10 season did Jeff Williams in and Davis has a very good chance at going back to back 0-10 seasons (0-21). Any body have inside info about what's going on? I heard last season the starting QB just up and quit mid season for unknown reasons.

• Upvote 1

Coach Davis is the one that made Polk relevant again. If they made a change that might go down as the dumbest in history. Polk had some awesome teams for several seasons. They are now in a super tough region and their talent is down. It happens at rural schools. If we were playing their schedule we would be down even more as well.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Listen, Polk will be back in a few years.  They are very young and Davis expects the most of his boys on and off the field.  He plays no favorites and his boys play hard.  Sometimes, just a TheAmbassador stated, tough region and young.  Make no mistake those kids give the best of what that have and I as a MCentral boy respect that and Coach Davis.

Coach Davis is the one that made Polk relevant again. If they made a change that might go down as the dumbest in history. Polk had some awesome teams for several seasons. They are now in a super tough region and their talent is down. It happens at rural schools. If we were playing their schedule we would be down even more as well.

This sums it up pretty good. 

Long time listener first time caller!

I'm from meigs co but have family in the polk area and used to follow the team until work took me out of state. Just curious what has happened to the Benton boys? I was looking back thru the past seasons records and noticed counting the '13 playoff loss the wildcats have lost 16 straight leading up to last Friday's home loss to Bledsoe. 0-16 is a tough pill to swallow given there past success, I'm sure the polk faithful will say this is another bad year but do any of you suspect the school board and administration are getting a little antsy? I know back in 1999 one 0-10 season did Jeff Williams in and Davis has a very good chance at going back to back 0-10 seasons (0-21). Any body have inside info about what's going on? I heard last season the starting QB just up and quit mid season for unknown reasons.

Welcome to the T. Coach Davis will step down when he is ready. Good man and good coach. Talent will come thru again. My alma mater will be fine.

Yes we had some great teams in the past. But like was said earlier we are young and in a tough region. The talent has dropped but with all these young men getting playing time Coach Davis will right the ship. This year and last are tough but next year should be better and the year after that Polk should be back to normal Polk if these young men stay with it.