Webb @ The Ridge

SweetScience

Great question! Has nothing to do with being scared to lose. From my understanding Catholics program was involved in a few things that Webb, CAK and other similar programs didn't want to associate with. Most Knoxville based schools chose to not play catholic based of of these internal issues. Webb is not playing them in any sports this year. Not just football. This is all I know and have not been given any more information on the subject. But no one is ducking, everyone declined to play catholic that usually does including CAK who would have likely beat Catholic this year. Trust me Webb isn't scared to play a team they've beaten 5 out of the last 6 years even though we probably would have lost this year as well, once again a very young inexperience team.

Sounds like Webb and CAKe is scared to play Catholic because they could lose some players to them. Meske and Bradley want no part of Catholic.... I mean they only scored 70 on CAKe last year.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm sure you're proud of your school and football program, you need to understand something about Oak Ridge. At no time in the last six years, the last 60 years, or the next 60 years would Oak Ridgers ever consider OR to be an underdog to Webb, and I don't care if you win 50 consecutive state championships in that small division you're in. So for Gaddis, and for the life of me I can't figure why he would schedule this game, it's a no win situation any time OR plays Webb. It was a stupid move on his part to schedule Webb, Rhea County or no Rhea County.

If that's the way you feel and if most oak ridge fans feel like you its obvious why you guys havnt gotten close to a state championship in years. What a loser mentality to not think its a benefit to play a good football team.

Well I don't really care what you "think". But Oak Ridge would have been an underdog in almost all those years. As someone who covers a lot of high school football this is a fact. Even the state ranking back up my statement for the past few years. I did you the distinct privlige of looking up the state ranking from "experts" the past 6 years.

Ranking are as follows

Webb 19th OR 66th

Webb 10th OR 30th

Webb 51th OR 23rd (Hey you got one!)

Webb 22 OR 14th (Hey you got two!)

Webb 12th OR 59th

Webb 27th OR 29th

So like it or not you would have been considered underdogs from everyone but Oak Ridgers for 4 of the past 6 years. A span where you won 0 gold balls. And Webb won 5. So rather you considered yourself an underdog or not you would have been. The 2009, 2010, 2013 teams in particular would have beat yall by 20. So once again why not play good competiton, get better, and become a better football team? Oh that's right losers mentality.

Sounds like Webb and CAKe is scared to play Catholic because they could lose some players to them. Meske and Bradley want no part of Catholic.... I mean they only scored 70 on CAKe last year.

You sir have no idea what you are talking about. Webbs football program is consistently the best out of those three programs. No one is scared of Catholic or losing players to them. And CAK would have beat Catholic this year. Trust me.

If that's the way you feel and if most oak ridge fans feel like you its obvious why you guys havnt gotten close to a state championship in years. What a loser mentality to not think its a benefit to play a good football team.

Well I don't really care what you "think". But Oak Ridge would have been an underdog in almost all those years. As someone who covers a lot of high school football this is a fact. Even the state ranking back up my statement for the past few years. I did you the distinct privlige of looking up the state ranking from "experts" the past 6 years.

Ranking are as follows

Webb 19th OR 66th

Webb 10th OR 30th

Webb 51th OR 23rd (Hey you got one!)

Webb 22 OR 14th (Hey you got two!)

Webb 12th OR 59th

Webb 27th OR 29th

So like it or not you would have been considered underdogs from everyone but Oak Ridgers for 4 of the past 6 years. A span where you won 0 gold balls. And Webb won 5. So rather you considered yourself an underdog or not you would have been. The 2009, 2010, 2013 teams in particular would have beat yall by 20. So once again why not play good competiton, get better, and become a better football team? Oh that's right losers mentality.

Do you think y'all would have all of those championships if you had been in 5A or 6A all of those years? Of course not. You are playing tiny schools with 35-40 players like Webb has. No matter what you think, playing a bigger school like OR or whoever the depth would eventually catch up to you. 

Edited by SweetScience

You sir have no idea what you are talking about. Webbs football program is consistently the best out of those three programs. No one is scared of Catholic or losing players to them. And CAK would have beat Catholic this year. Trust me.

I am just saying Meske is scared of Catholic until he will actually say why he will not play them. JMO. And I am sure Webb will be back in the State Championship game this year after a knock out drag out game with Friendship Christian in the semis. Hard to compare Gold balls with Oak Ridge with them being in 5A and 6A. Very entertained at work today Spartan, thank you.

I am just saying Meske is scared of Catholic until he will actually say why he will not play them. JMO. And I am sure Webb will be back in the State Championship game this year after a knock out drag out game with Friendship Christian in the semis. Hard to compare Gold balls with Oak Ridge with them being in 5A and 6A. Very entertained at work today Spartan, thank you.

Exactly. 

Do you think y'all would have all of those championships if you had been in 5A or 6A all of those years? Of course not. You are playing tiny schools with 35-40 players like Webb has. No matter what you think, playing a bigger school like OR or whoever the depth would eventually catch up to you.

Actually only recently has Webb had so low of numbers. When I played we had 60-70 players every year. Maybe not have won that many but we would have beat oak ridge. And if we played in that division wed have even more resources and you'd wine about that. Please explain to me then why Webb hasn't lost to a big public school outside of Maryville in the past decade? Exactly. We don't have the numbers anymore to play against 5a or 6a teams every week but we could have knocked off our fair share of them. Do I need to go to the history book again and show you all the "big boy" schools Webb has not only beat but embarrassed in the past 10 years? I can bud. I've got facts you've got wishes. My only point was that oak ridge doesn't lose anything by playing Webb who would and should have been favored in almost all of those meetings.

Actually only recently has Webb had so low of numbers. When I played we had 60-70 players every year. Maybe not have won that many but we would have beat oak ridge. And if we played in that division wed have even more resources and you'd wine about that. Please explain to me then why Webb hasn't lost to a big public school outside of Maryville in the past decade? Exactly. We don't have the numbers anymore to play against 5a or 6a teams every week but we could have knocked off our fair share of them. Do I need to go to the history book again and show you all the "big boy" schools Webb has not only beat but embarrassed in the past 10 years? I can bud. I've got facts you've got wishes. My only point was that oak ridge doesn't lose anything by playing Webb who would and should have been favored in almost all of those meetings.

Gotta love the Imaginary Football League pundits. If it helps you sleep better at night, dude.

Edited by SweetScience

Gotta love the IFL "would have beat yall" counts for zero victories. People really want to like Webb School, but it's guys like this that make it very difficult to pull for them. If I was winning in a division that plays schools of 300, I sure wouldn't be on here beating my chest about how awesome we are. It's ridiculous.

Gotta love the Imaginary Football League pundits. If it helps you sleep better at night, dude.

My rings help me sleep just fine. Rankings are rankings. I didn't say Webb would have won all those years im saying they would have been favored. And that being the case it would be a benefit for the oak ridge program to have played us. That's all. Clearly you have a hard time comprehending. Enjoy the win over the worse Webb team in a decade friday. That can be a good substitute for you to sleep well since you have no rings to help you out.