Webb @ The Ridge

SweetScience

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartan

Are you saying that Webb's coaching is superior to OR's?

I have no dog in this fight but you ask a question and i will give you my insight.Webbs staff has been together since i played for Greenback in the mid 80's,what they have done other than the staff at Maryville is next to miraculous at times.We scrimmaged Webb in the preseason and what i have seen since is just a night and day difference.I would have to say yes it is.No offense to OR you have all ways had my upmost respect but Meske is an outstanding coach.If OR would have knocked off some championships then the arguement might sway a bit.As of now i would go with the staff at Webb.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Only Maryville is better in East Tennessee.

I would expect you to say that and I don't really care who's better. Nobody will ever know because Gaddis will never coach at Webb and Meske will never coach at OR (that's the only way anyone would know for sure who's better). I think they both must be pretty good and it looks like they will both win 300 games which puts them in select company.  In the words of Bill Parcells. "You are what your record says you are." They are both winners.

I would expect you to say that and I don't really care who's better. Nobody will ever know because Gaddis will never coach at Webb and Meske will never coach at OR (that's the only way anyone would know for sure who's better). I think they both must be pretty good and it looks like they will both win 300 games which puts them in select company. In the words of Bill Parcells. "You are what your record says you are." They are both winners.

Not taking anything away from Oak Ridge Staff. Meske and company just get the best out of what they have every year. 7 State Championships speak for themselves. If you had seen Webbs football team this preseason you would have thought they woudnt have won a JV game much less make any game competitve or win. Oak ridge wins because the size and talent of Webb is very young and low this year. Any of the previous 5 years and I would have taken Webb in this one. Interesting how we finally got Oak Ridge to play when we are way down with only 3 returning seniors from last year.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Not taking anything away from Oak Ridge Staff. Meske and company just get the best out of what they have every year. 7 State Championships speak for themselves. If you had seen Webbs football team this preseason you would have thought they woudnt have won a JV game much less make any game competitve or win. Oak ridge wins because the size and talent of Webb is very young and low this year. Any of the previous 5 years and I would have taken Webb in this one. Interesting how we finally got Oak Ridge to play when we are way down with only 3 returning seniors from last year.

The Webb team I watched on TV against BGA looked very talented so I don't quite agree with you.  You must be an insider because I've never heard a rumor that Webb has wanted to play OR before. Are you saying OR has been ducking Webb?  I actually wish we weren't playing Webb because I have little or no use for private schools. I sure hope the OR talent and size is enough to make up for our lack of coaching. My problem with Gaddis is that he scheduled this game at all.