Dresden vs Humboldt

ProudLionFan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this Dresden team would beat their state runner up teams by 4-5 TDs. They seem to be a lot better.

Offense I would prolly agree with you but on the defensive side of the ball I would disagree. That state runner up team had a nasty defense. Talent wise we were grossly over matched against Humboldt and Adamsville that year and D made several key plays to win the games. One thing about Hatchel he only took what the opposing defense would give him. After first three or four games he really grew into the QB role.  

I believe this Dresden team would beat their state runner up teams by 4-5 TDs. They seem to be a lot better.

Agree totally, that Dresden team was good but this team is better, especially talent wise.  The runner-up team was really good and over-achieved.  I mean that last statement as a compliment.  They played with All heart, but this team is by far better.

Offense I would prolly agree with you but on the defensive side of the ball I would disagree. That state runner up team had a nasty defense. Talent wise we were grossly over matched against Humboldt and Adamsville that year and D made several key plays to win the games. One thing about Hatchel he only took what the opposing defense would give him. After first three or four games he really grew into the QB role.

Didn't Friendship totally dominant those games? I figured those teams were probably overachieving teams. This bunch appears really talented.

Didn't Friendship totally dominant those games? I figured those teams were probably overachieving teams. This bunch appears really talented.

Yes and no. At the beginning of 4th quarter we were only down 14 to 0. Then the wheels fell off we had 4 punts of less the 6 yards. One was minus 8 yards from our 20. We also had the punter decide to tuck and run on 4th and 22 from our 10 yard line. Bottom line is they were the better team. This years team is much more talented but McPeak , VanDyke and Ellis would hurt most of this team in a scrimmage.

Yes and no. At the beginning of 4th quarter we were only down 14 to 0. Then the wheels fell off we had 4 punts of less the 6 yards. One was minus 8 yards from our 20. We also had the punter decide to tuck and run on 4th and 22 from our 10 yard line. Bottom line is they were the better team. This years team is much more talented but McPeak , VanDyke and Ellis would hurt most of this team in a scrimmage.

Agree. This team couldn't play up to the physicality the runner up team had. This o line couldn't block Ellis, Ellison, and Jolley. Then throw in Mcpeak and Logan Thomas. You compare the size of the runner up team to the size of this team and its mind blowing. The runner up team had size