Maryville's baby brother vs. CAK

Govolsknox

Plumb, my olive branch comments were not directed toward you. I responded to the person I was speaking to. You are far too pious for me to try to associate with. Maybe at some point I will reach a higher level, one closer to yours. In the meantime, I am completely comfortable with the good natured jest that my friends from Alcoa sent in this direction, and that which was sent back the other direction. I lose no sleep worrying about whether you like my posts, or whether I even find your screen name questionable. You are quite free to think what you wish, just as I am able to draw some conclusions about the esteem you hold yourself in.

You're such a smart A. I think that's why I like you so much.

I don't think it's ego but it's possible that, with the whipping Alcoa was putting on the Warriors, CRB might not have recognized the hazard. It's possible, I suppose, that his decision to keep 12 in was based on the fact that the first backup, 7, is a starting OLB, and the second backup, 14, is a starting LB whose arm got a little stinger Friday night, and CRB thought 12's experience would enable him to either scramble or throw the ball away before getting hurt. I'm not sure that was the rationale, just a pure guess on my part, as I'm having trouble seeing the logic in some of the decisions for the Alcoa game. Your question is a very valid one, and one that my wife actually asked me while the game was still going on.

Is it just me or was it Coach Bradley's ego that keep Cole Smith in so late with the game out of hand? What good does it do to get a late score vs. risking an injury when Alcoa was teeing off on him (and them)?

GVK and Warrior 2011... your thoughts?

That's not an unreasonable question to ask, but not likely the explanation. If you've seen many of the games this year, you might recall that, until a few weeks ago, 21 was a defense-only player, and not even a starter on D, having spent time sharing duty behind 23 at CB. If you played for CRB, you will probably recall there are some reasons a skill player is deemed defense-only, and it strikes me as quite unusual for a player to overcome all of those in just a few weeks (really just 2 weeks as he didn't play much if any offense against Clinton (2nd best team we've played)--when 34 went out with injury, CRB relied on 9 to carry the RB load, with 5 in the backfield with him, the rest of that game) to the point of having significant playing time in the backfield against Alcoa. It's a real head-scratcher in my humble opinion, though not quite as big of a head-scratcher as one of the personnel issues on D. And if those issues don't get worked out, I fear the Warriors will struggle to make it far enough to get another shot at Alcoa (not so much this week IMO but next).

Had forgotten about 21 getting reps last night until you alluded to it. As a grizzled old veteran of the trenches, it's easy for me to identify why 78 didn't play last night. 9 will be a really good player if he continues to put weight on and retain his speed. One thing that might be the case is 21 is considered a better blocker than 9? It seemed pretty obvious that 31 was moved back for blocking purposes, so it's entirely possible that was the reasoning there too. You all have seen these boys more than I have though so I could be way off base.

Have a sense of humor my friend. I mean, there was a thread calling CAK cake and Webb Jr. in "the title alone," I assume those were to be funny, I would hope you'd take this one the same way. Or is it only a friendly ribbing if an Alcoa supporter posts it?

Calm down...did you not notice the smiling "thumbs up" emoticon? Believe me, if I was bent out of shape about the title I would have stated it in my comments. Besides, I'm one of those Alcoa fans that actually suited up and played our big brothers across the creek  :thumb:

Calm down...did you not notice the smiling "thumbs up" emoticon? Believe me, if I was bent out of shape about the title I would have stated it in my comments. Besides, I'm one of those Alcoa fans that actually suited up and played our big brothers across the creek :thumb:

No offense taken, and I never stopped being calm in the exchanges on this thread, unlike some others who posted here. I was simply pointing out that if one side gives it out, there shouldn't be any surprise if they get a little back. I doubt that's anything that surprised or bothered you! But some folks don't see it that way... :rolleyes: I think I made my point, and I certainly understand yours! Good luck the rest of the way. As always, win or lose, I enjoyed my trip to Goddard Field, and look forward to the next time these two meet, whenever that may be.

No offense taken, and I never stopped being calm in the exchanges on this thread, unlike some others who posted here. I was simply pointing out that if one side gives it out, there shouldn't be any surprise if they get a little back. I doubt that's anything that surprised or bothered you! But some folks don't see it that way... :rolleyes: I think I made my point, and I certainly understand yours! Good luck the rest of the way. As always, win or lose, I enjoyed my trip to Goddard Field, and look forward to the next time these two meet, whenever that may be.

Good luck to the Warriors and God bless!

Plumb, my olive branch comments were not directed toward you. I responded to the person I was speaking to. You are far too pious for me to try to associate with. Maybe at some point I will reach a higher level, one closer to yours. In the meantime, I am completely comfortable with the good natured jest that my friends from Alcoa sent in this direction, and that which was sent back the other direction. I lose no sleep worrying about whether you like my posts, or whether I even find your screen name questionable. You are quite free to think what you wish, just as I am able to draw some conclusions about the esteem you hold yourself in.

Thoughtful post. Maybe we can associate at next week's game if both teams advance. I do have to root for the Longhorns though seeing as I was raised in those parts and have family there.  I sure do dig seeing pious used on a coacht thread.