Wayne Co @ Collinwood

wildcat89

Wayne county coming in undefeated and off a big win against Huntingdon, Cwood coming in off an embarrassing loss to McEwen. This years game not near as big as games from past years but is a big rivalry game as the two schools are only 12 miles apart and I look for Cwood to play with all they got as it's their last game of the season and are playing at home. Don't look for Coach Rice to overlook the Trojans as he will prepare this WC team for this game the same way he does every week! Hope to get some talk going on here this week!

Edited by wildcat89

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to start off by saying congrats to WC on a big win. Looking forward to see what you guys do in the playoffs.

The playoffs are going to be tough from Columbia to Memphis! Peabody, Dresden, UC, Huntingdon and WC from the east. The team that comes out of all this on top will definatly be battle tested and proven. There's only one team in the state that has a shot at beating any of them and that's NCS, anybody else gets mercy ruled.

Hope it's injury free. Hoping to make it to some WC playoff games if your playing a good opponent.

Guru your welcome to sit with us WC fans anytime you want, thanks for the support you give us the past few weeks! But be ready if you sit with us, we get a little rowdy! I hope your Vikings can get things turned around and get some games going like those between us just a few years ago!

Guru your welcome to sit with us WC fans anytime you want, thanks for the support you give us the past few weeks! But be ready if you sit with us, we get a little rowdy! I hope your Vikings can get things turned around and get some games going like those between us just a few years ago!

If I come back I'll try and figure out where y'all are at. My mom came to watch last night so I sit with her up behind your band.

The playoffs are going to be tough from Columbia to Memphis! Peabody, Dresden, UC, Huntingdon and WC from the east. The team that comes out of all this on top will definatly be battle tested and proven. There's only one team in the state that has a shot at beating any of them and that's NCS, anybody else gets mercy ruled.

I'm pretty sure NCS, Jo Byrns, Trousdale Region 5 WC, Huntingdon Region 6 & Union City, Dresden, & Peadbody Region 7 are all in the west this year, Which means only 1 of those teams will be playing for a Gold ball against CA South or one of the Far East teams like Greenback. Looks like WC path would be Montery, Jo Byrns, NCS, Union City of everything works out the way it should.

How do you guys see the possible first and second round matchups?

Region 5 (1) NCS

Region 6 (4) CA North. -----------NCS

Region 6 (2) Huntingdon

Region 5 (3) Trousdale Co.------Huntingdon

Region 6 (1) WC

Region 5 (4) Montery--------------WC

Region 5 (2) Jo Byrns

Region 6 (3) Houston Co.--------Jo Byrns

How do you guys see the possible first and second round matchups?

Region 5 (1) NCS

Region 6 (4) CA North. -----------NCS

Region 6 (2) Huntingdon

Region 5 (3) Trousdale Co.------Huntingdon

Region 6 (1) WC

Region 5 (4) Montery--------------WC

Region 5 (2) Jo Byrns

Region 6 (3) Houston Co.--------Jo Byrns

WC & NCS both look like pretty easy victories to call from my perspective.

I've read in another post that Trousdale has made some mid-season personnel adjustments and could be more of a team to be reckoned with in the playoffs.  Lot's of speed.  With so much winning tradition and with some demoralizing injuries in Huntingdon, I wonder if this matchup couldn't go either way.

Feeling flattered that these matchup predictions presume HC beating CA this week.  Hope it proves true!  If so, Jo Byrns certainly looks the favorite in that game with HC, but you never know.  When the two teams scrimmaged last spring, it was a pretty balanced competition.