Cordova at Whitehaven

kwc

I may be over thinking this, but this game looks to be very intrtiguing, the more I look. I'm familiar with Whitehaven's OL and DL. We have one of the best sets of lines in the state. Cordova's 2015 roster suggest that they are loaded on the OL and DL as well. I don't know if they have Whitehaven's depth ... but they aren't lacking for players either.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, kwc... It's getting colder. You know what that means.. Whitehaven by 14. You guys don't lose this time of year. Stay healthy and get yall another chance to beat the beast out east.

Didn't work out that way last year. Cordova has won me over. Not saying they're better than Whitehaven or WS but their not the paper champion I thought they were 3 weeks ago

Didn't work out that way last year. Cordova has won me over. Not saying they're better than Whitehaven or WS but their not the paper champion I thought they were 3 weeks ago

Valid point.  Ravenwood had a heck of a team last year.  However, I'm riding with Whitehaven when it matters against any other Memphis 6A team year-in and year-out.   Cordova has really impressed me, but there is just wayyyyyy too much talent on that WH team to not put their foot down and open some eyes this week, if not in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.  

Personally, I think White Station is the scariest team in 6A.  I don't think they'll win it all, but who wants to try to stop Dillon Mitchell all night with their season on the line?

Valid point. Ravenwood had a heck of a team last year. However, I'm riding with Whitehaven when it matters against any other Memphis 6A team year-in and year-out. Cordova has really impressed me, but there is just wayyyyyy too much talent on that WH team to not put their foot down and open some eyes this week, if not in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

Personally, I think White Station is the scariest team in 6A. I don't think they'll win it all, but who wants to try to stop Dillon Mitchell all night with their season on the line?

I agree. If given the choice of Whitehaven or the field to make it to Cookeville, I'm taking Whitehaven. Your right about Mitchell though, if its a night where he's on fire, WS us going to be a tough matchup for ANYBODY

Valid point. Ravenwood had a heck of a team last year. However, I'm riding with Whitehaven when it matters against any other Memphis 6A team year-in and year-out. Cordova has really impressed me, but there is just wayyyyyy too much talent on that WH team to not put their foot down and open some eyes this week, if not in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

Personally, I think White Station is the scariest team in 6A. I don't think they'll win it all, but who wants to try to stop Dillon Mitchell all night with their season on the line?

I agree... I've said the exact things. .. I'm not sold on Cordova. This is the weakest I've ever seen WS. They have no OL or DL, they just have DM and yet they still are a jenks...Cordova just haven't shown me they are a real threat. ..people still don't like to admit that all roads lead thru Whitehaven to get to the semis teams on this side. ..and has been our kryptonite for a long time. .getting past the semis, nOw it's the quarter

Come on, kwc... It's getting colder. You know what that means.. Whitehaven by 14. You guys don't lose this time of year. Stay healthy and get yall another chance to beat the beast out east.

Redswarm, it's one game at a time. Arrogance will get you beat against a good team. I have confidence in Whitehaven, but by no means am I going to not recognize a talented team when I see one, They are ggood. This will be a good game. It will be competitive. We are talking about two of the best 'D's in the Shelby Metro area.

Edited by kwc

Redswarm, it's one game at a time.

Arrogance will get you beat against a good team. I have confidence in Whitehaven, but by no means am I going to not recognize a talented team when I see one, They are ggood. This will be a good game. It will be competitive. We are talking about two of the best 'D's in the Shelby Metro area.

Arrogance will get you beat, but humble confidence can take you a long way. I'll take your word on Cordova, but all I'm saying is that if your guys play the same brand of football that previous teams have set the bar with, Whitehaven's got a great shot to get back to Cookeville. Got a lot of respect for y'all's program. Wish we could get a Henry County/Whitehaven series going.